Moderator: NBJeff

Namro
level1
level1

[Expierement] 1 Giant Building

Postby Namro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 pm

I had this idea to make 1 giant foundation and make what I call "Open Prison":

Extreme Lag, down to about 1-2 FPS..

As building progressed, the lag dropped and I was gradually back from 1-2 FPS to 20, then 30 FPS

At last, after 23 ingame hours, the building has finished! but I wasn't ready to take any prisoners yet!

Starting to plan out the prison. Building cells (No walls, of course, It's an open prison!)

After alot of work, the prison is coming along nicely. No fights yet and the prisoners are satisfied!

Some close-up images of the rooms I designed (With toilets, beds, weightlifting, and sometimes even showers! Those inmates have some demands)

Utility (I had to make two power stations and water pumps to keep everything balanced. It's a big building that requires alot of electricity and water after all)

And for the finale, the last picture I took before I needed a break (At this point I already have janitors so everything is getting all tidy and nice ^_^ )
snows
level0

Postby snows » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:45 pm

998,500 $ :shock:

dude i need your tips
jimmydorry
level0

Postby jimmydorry » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Awesome.

Good work. It's still not as space efficient as giant holding cells though...
snows
level0

Postby snows » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:06 pm

whats is the cheat for 999k $ ? :shock:
Nicotin
level1
level1

Postby Nicotin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Savegame editing.

On Topic: Very nice approach I have to say ^^
DeltaOmega
level0

Postby DeltaOmega » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Fire all your workers, then pause and spam hire workers to breach the funding limit.
Namro
level1
level1

Postby Namro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Snows - It's just a simple save editing. I didn't over react with the money I'm ususally giving myself thing time ^_^

Jimmydorry - giant holding cells ARE efficient, but I'm not a big fan of them, It's just incouraging more fights.

Nictorin - thanks :D

DeltaOmega - The funding limits can be broken once you have an accountant.

Also, I forgot to mention there weren't any fights yet. My inmates are quite satisfied.
Vice
level0

Postby Vice » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Haha nice idea for a prison layout! I'm surprised you haven't had to put up with any fights yet.
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Vice wrote:Haha nice idea for a prison layout! I'm surprised you haven't had to put up with any fights yet.

Televisions for everyone - it fixes almost everything.
Vice
level0

Postby Vice » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Illanair wrote:
Vice wrote:Haha nice idea for a prison layout! I'm surprised you haven't had to put up with any fights yet.

Televisions for everyone - it fixes almost everything.

Thanks I'll give that a go! :D
Ushijima
level0

Money cheat

Postby Ushijima » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Change main.dat extension to .zip open the zip file and open Grant.lua in that file you can modify the amount of money grants give.
And you can also modify the price of materials , objects and staff by modifying materials.txt and material_new.txt
whitecrash7
level0

Postby whitecrash7 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Would be cool if as well as stealing knives from the kitchen, other makeshift weapons like scalpels from the medical wards or pens from offices could be stolen.
Kanakotka
level0

Postby Kanakotka » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:13 pm

That is pretty swanky design, but considering they have a free range access to canteen and all, they'll get plenty of ''contraband'' when/if things start going awry. (They can actually get knives from those serving tables)

Anyhow, how on earth did you get all those new grants? Was there a patch or something? Are there patches planned for the alpha version?
Namro
level1
level1

Postby Namro » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Kanakotka wrote:That is pretty swanky design, but considering they have a free range access to canteen and all, they'll get plenty of ''contraband'' when/if things start going awry. (They can actually get knives from those serving tables)

Anyhow, how on earth did you get all those new grants? Was there a patch or something? Are there patches planned for the alpha version?

Well, everytime they go eating, I am watching them and see if anyone is acting suspicious. Also, they inmates who are stealing contraband from the serving table are the one who needs freedom/[dev]weapons. And I have none.

And I do occasional searches here and there.
Kanakotka
level0

Postby Kanakotka » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Thing is though, i've never gotten those [Needs an accountant] grants visible, despite having an accountant for several days.

Wonder if i'm missing something here, because not having those grants is pretty much killing any long-term efficiency of my jails.

Return to “General”