General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Are there going to be female prisons?

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:56 am

Because that would be pretty awesome.

When the water breaks and the ambulance can't get there fast enough..

Also "Iv" I have a 'houwar' 'tf2' hat worth approximately 216 pounds - 'soon to be more once valve releases their console' if you're interested to trade for the Polaroid.. think about it :wink:

I'm sure Ryan could whip out some female prisoners pretty quickly..
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:37 am

From TF2 wiki

Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect
Level 28 Hat

Earned by completing 28 objectives in 'The Great Steam Treasure Hunt.'
Beware the Cephalopod padlock.

( Not Tradable )

Not Tradeable

Why would anyone put a monetary value on such a stupid example of 'free to pay' anyway.
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:21 am

Not Tradeable

Gift Wrap is a Tool item used to wrap and deliver an item in a player's backpack to a recipient on either the current server or on their friends list. Certain items which are normally non-tradable may be 'traded' by wrapping and sending them.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Gift_Wrap

The hat is worth money because it is rare, you can wear it on every class, and it means you're more likely to receive an ubercharge/kritz from talented medics.. If you don't suck.. because they can differentiate you from everybody else..
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Rarity does not equal value. Just because there is only one of something in the world does not automatically make it desirable. Personally I think the whole 'Free to Play' (Read: Free to Pay) model is ridiculous - particularly TF2's implementation of it. Why would I want to spend money on clothing for a character in a free game, that has no effect beyond a cosmetic one?
Timppa
level0

Postby Timppa » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:28 pm

a__gun wrote:Rarity does not equal value. Just because there is only one of something in the world does not automatically make it desirable.

Those people that are ready to pay up to $1000 (yes, that is three zeroes) for vintage earbuds (the only thing making them rare is the blue name) beg to differ.

a__gun wrote:Personally I think the whole 'Free to Play' (Read: Free to Pay) model is ridiculous - particularly TF2's implementation of it. Why would I want to spend money on clothing for a character in a free game, that has no effect beyond a cosmetic one?

So they should sell pay-to-win weapons you cannot otherwise, instead? If you don't want to buy purely cosmetical items, don't buy them. I do not see the problem here.

On topic, I can imagine male prisoners and female prisoners in the same jail being a problem. Shower time!
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:32 pm

I imagine conception in prison is more an issue. What you're thinking of happens regardless.
Lewis_McReu
level0

Postby Lewis_McReu » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:15 pm

I still think female prisoners should be added.
Primarily, because there are also female alpha members, and there will probably be some of them who bought Name In The Game, so I think they deserve a female prisoner, not a male one.
TimberTon
level1
level1

Postby TimberTon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:18 am

equality!
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:40 am

Just popped it to mention that there's already pages and pages of discussion on female prisoners. Please search before you post.

And...

Also "Iv" I have a 'houwar' 'tf2' hat worth approximately 216 pounds

WTF. Just WTF.

It is only worth 216 pounds if you can find someone to buy it for that price. That is ridiculously unlikely at IV - they're university educated for a start.
I'd have better luck auctioning the contents of my cat's litter tray*

* said tray does not include 'houwar' tf2 hat.
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:32 pm

paktsardines wrote:Just popped it to mention that there's already pages and pages of discussion on female prisoners. Please search before you post.

And...

Also "Iv" I have a 'houwar' 'tf2' hat worth approximately 216 pounds

WTF. Just WTF.

It is only worth 216 pounds if you can find someone to buy it for that price. That is ridiculously unlikely at IV - they're university educated for a start.
I'd have better luck auctioning the contents of my cat's litter tray*

Sending from australia, that litter just wont be fresh enough. that hat, on the other hand, er....

Return to “General”