[BUG} Prisoners go nude to walk through shower room.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

HowPeculiars
level2
level2

[BUG} Prisoners go nude to walk through shower room.

Postby HowPeculiars » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi,

All of my prisoners are casual nudists. When walking through the shower room to go somewhere else (Not to shower), they take their clothes off at the entrance and put them back on at the exit.

It's quite funny seeing the naked conga line.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Got a save where this happens, or steps to reproduce? Never seen it myself.
HowPeculiars
level2
level2

Postby HowPeculiars » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:42 pm

RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:50 pm

This seems reasonable.

They wouldn't want to get their clothes wet, would they?
HowPeculiars
level2
level2

Postby HowPeculiars » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:56 pm

I dunno, its not shower time so the shower room wouldn't be wet anyway and the guards are dressed.

Maybe the guards are just abusing their power.
"Dat Ass"
Korthal
level1
level1

Postby Korthal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:42 am

I think it's intentional programming-wise, seeing as people in shower rooms tend to be there to take showers. I know I create my shower rooms as a separate "node" to the prison, maybe the devs did this too, and didn't realize it. That's what we're here for I suppose! :D
Kjammer
level1
level1

Postby Kjammer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:15 am

Likewise, when you put a shower in a room not designated as shower (like the holding cell in Chris' Sample prison from The Wiki), they shower fully clothed. So I guess it must be something like the pseudo code below:

Code: Select all

while prisoner_Location == 'shower':
    prisoner_Body = 'naked'
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:21 am

I wouldn't mind having a "locker room" addition where prisoners get dressed and undressed.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 am

That would at least make sense and explain where they store their clothes. I figured it was just part of it, and made the corridor between the cells a shower to add a 'walk of shame' element to their sentence... Then again, i'm pretty harsh to my inmates.
frasercarter
level1
level1

Postby frasercarter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:07 am

koshensky wrote:That would at least make sense and explain where they store their clothes. I figured it was just part of it, and made the corridor between the cells a shower to add a 'walk of shame' element to their sentence... Then again, i'm pretty harsh to my inmates.

+1

... my question is why would you have inmates walk through a bathroom as a route... bathrooms are dangerous. hard floors, metal objects... just asking for problems, def not in any prison designs ive seen from RL.
flatlander
level1
level1

Postby flatlander » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:08 am

I kind of like my new prison block design with the showers in the middle of a 24x19 block... Though I do not want to know what the two perps are doing at the top right. This was experimental... I should get the piping optimized.

Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:12 am

You don't really need that many drains - all they do is block the water from passing, it doesn't "drain" it at all. So in front of the cells, and on the bottom and top sides. (Just a tip - aesthetically it looks nice)
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:10 am

My showers were more about using the space available and keeping the prisoners isolated in their cell blocks. They walk out of their cells, have a shower and then go and eat, or go to the yard, without having to have the entire prison congregate in one dangerous room, and without lots of backing and forthing. I also put the shower heads in line with the cell toilets, which saved on untidy water pipes, as they were already there.

Shame about the drains though, I always put them directly beneath the shower in the hope that it would instantly catch the water and save it flooding into their cells, looks like I am actually pushing the water into them instead...
frasercarter
level1
level1

Postby frasercarter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Illanair wrote:You don't really need that many drains - all they do is block the water from passing, it doesn't "drain" it at all. So in front of the cells, and on the bottom and top sides. (Just a tip - aesthetically it looks nice)

not sure about this, i have noticed that water will still go through walls regardless of if there is a drain in a doorway.

... and kosh... fair point, but i mean you could always make a less perverted corridor :D hehe
Harmonica
level1
level1

Postby Harmonica » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:07 am

flatlander wrote:I kind of like my new prison block design with the showers in the middle of a 24x19 block... Though I do not want to know what the two perps are doing at the top right. This was experimental... I should get the piping optimized.

[image from a few posts up]

I like how you have many valves presumedly to isolate particular cells and deny those prisoners water in their toilets. Cunning. And slightly worrying.

I haven't gone to that much effort to design a nice lookin shower room (that nonetheless resembles something from The Rock), but all my experime-... design consultations involving mass freeform living and shower arrangements have usually devolved into survival of the fittest/cleanest.

Return to “Community Members”