[suggestion] Selective Storage

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Luzal
level1
level1

[suggestion] Selective Storage

Postby Luzal » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi there,

Even though it's still in Alpha, the game looks awesome and is indeed very promising, I can't wait to see it evolve !

I've had quite a few problems with food serving, mostly because of walking distance between the storage area and the kitchen. My storage area is in a "maintenance" building on the border of the prison (along with the generator and pumping systems), out of my way. Maybe it would be nice to be able to set "filters" on storage area (just like in Dwarf Fortress), so you could store ingredients in a dedicated small room near the kitchen and other stuff (items, materials, leftovers) in another bigger room.

Fact is, Cooks need to access ingredients whereas Workmen need to access other stuff.

What do you think ?
Robert
level2
level2

Postby Robert » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 pm

I like this idea but to throw out another suggestion maybe add another room called "pantry" that just accepts items for the kitchen. Could be added on when dividing the foundation for the Kitchen / Canteen area. May be easier to implement then storage filters and would accomplish about the same.
rjhelms
level0

Postby rjhelms » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 pm

I think this is a great idea.

Maybe an interface like Pharaoh had for the storage yards, where you could choose (for each good) "Not accepted", "Accept to full", "Accept to 3/4", etc, and then "Get to full", "Get to 3/4" etc.

The "Accept" orders just passively let workmen take goods there, while the "Get" orders cause the workmen to actively move from other storage rooms to that one. That way, you could have a storage room near or in your kitchen set to have food "Get to full".

Could come in handy if future features add new or more complex supply chains.

Return to “Community Members”