[Feature Request] Blueprint Drawing Overlay

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

rocket2guns
level0

[Feature Request] Blueprint Drawing Overlay

Postby rocket2guns » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:05 pm

I often find myself marking out fences on the map, sketching what I am intending to do.

It would be awesome if there was some kind of "drawing overlay" feature that let you mark up the map prior to actually building it. This way you can mark out areas for future expansion etc. As I said, currently I use fences but it is time consuming.

Loving the game ;)
Luzal
level1
level1

Postby Luzal » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi there !

I'm totally with you on this idea, even if I love preparing my prison's blueprint with pen and paper, it would be awesome to start drawing where things would be, especially since making infrastructures is quite rigid and things get built progressively.
Namro
level1
level1

Postby Namro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Good idea! I think it should really be a feature, because right now I have problems expanding my prison as well.
HowPeculiars
level2
level2

Postby HowPeculiars » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Great idea
frasercarter
level1
level1

Postby frasercarter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:23 am

I agree, Currently im using photoshop to kinda plan this out pixel by pixel...

its very time consuming.

I hope they bring this out!
tals
level1
level1

Postby tals » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:47 am

I was thinking it needed a line up function like a ruler to ensure you lined up entrances buildings etc, but this idea would work much better.
frasercarter
level1
level1

totally

Postby frasercarter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:54 am

totally keen on this, or at least the ability to change Fortification sizes, without having to place another door.

thats damn annoying.
zhenya
level0

Postby zhenya » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:28 pm

That would definitely be neat.
Webarchitect
level1
level1

Postby Webarchitect » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:16 pm

+1
I sure miss a feature like this
stephenarcher0
level1
level1

Postby stephenarcher0 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:05 pm

Great idea, I would also like the ability to save blueprints for future use, maybe a whole blueprint planning screen.
So I can just pull up say a building with 20 by 5 cells already laid out... Or even a save feature on the clone tool (which needs to be a lot bigger).
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:38 pm

It would be awesome if you could go into a separate mode (rather than an overlay on the map), where you design an entire building including room designations, furniture and maybe utilities. Then you can return to the regular gameplay mode and plonk that building down where you want it, with one click.

And you could be able to save your designed buildings (similar to saving reactor designs in SpaceChem) and make multiples of them if needed.

I suggest this be implemented and use it to replace the current "clone" tool.
Last edited by xyzyxx on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Lexx
level0

Postby Lexx » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:05 pm

[quote="xyzyxx"]It would be awesome if you could go into a separate mode, where you design an entire building including room designations, furniture and maybe utilities. Then you can return to the regular gameplay mode and plonk that building down where you want it, with one click.

And you could be able to save your designed buildings (similar to saving reactor designs in SpaceChem) and make multiples of them if needed.

I suggest this be implemented and use it to replace the current "clone" tool.[/quote]

A hundred times YES!
pasisti
level0

Postby pasisti » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:08 pm

xyzyxx wrote:It would be awesome if you could go into a separate mode (rather than an overlay on the map), where you design an entire building including room designations, furniture and maybe utilities. Then you can return to the regular gameplay mode and plonk that building down where you want it, with one click.

This sounds like an excellent idea! I would also like to see the overlay, because with a separate mode you can't see how much room you are left with when building. Both modes would be nice to have!
Arclight_Dynamo
level1
level1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:34 pm

xyzyxx wrote:It would be awesome if you could go into a separate mode (rather than an overlay on the map), where you design an entire building including room designations, furniture and maybe utilities. Then you can return to the regular gameplay mode and plonk that building down where you want it, with one click.

Good god yes. This. This this this.
bobmeier
level0

Postby bobmeier » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Yeah, thats a great idea. My first real need after playing for a while was a more organised way of designing my buildings and rooms and this seems like it would be a great solution!

Return to “Community Members”