2x now: Prisoners get stuck waiting to use WC

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Bahger
level1
level1

2x now: Prisoners get stuck waiting to use WC

Postby Bahger » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:37 am

On two plays now, my first batch of prisoners arrive, all dying tio pee. I have built a holding cell with two functional, properly-plumbed toilets. They go in there, complain endlessly about wanting to use the toilet, and get stuck. They never leave, for meals, nor go to their beds to sleep. This is a game-killing glitch, obviously, as the prisoners do nothing for the rest of the game. Can anyone help? Thanks.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:08 am

I don't think there's currently any workaround for this. You'll just have to wait until the developers can patch it :)
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Bahger
level1
level1

Postby Bahger » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:28 am

Well, many thanks for responding, it's good to know it's an acknowledged issue. Do we have an ETA on the next update? I guess I'm putting the game aside until then.
juniperi
level1
level1

Postby juniperi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:35 am

Bahger wrote:Well, many thanks for responding, it's good to know it's an acknowledged issue. Do we have an ETA on the next update? I guess I'm putting the game aside until then.

Next update within two or three weeks. Look first post in this thread: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/viewtopic.php?t=422
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:04 am

Of course, this particular bug may or may not be one of the ones that get fixed in the first update :p
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Bahger
level1
level1

Postby Bahger » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:05 am

xyzyxx wrote:Of course, this particular bug may or may not be one of the ones that get fixed in the first update :p

Right. But as much as I like this game -- and I really do -- I'm not spending an hour or more of my precious leisure time crafting a beautiful, geometrically perfect prison only for the game, and the first batch of prisoners, to be paralysed by constipation!

It appears that new inmates always arrive either tired, homesick, hungry or dying for a leak. I got the latter twice in a row and I'm not sure I want to risk it again.
Bahger
level1
level1

Postby Bahger » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm a little sad not to be able to play the game any more because the last two times I tried the first prisoner intake did nothing but jump up and down in the two-toilet holding cell dying for a leak. if anyone discovers a workaround, knows how frequently it occurs or learns if this is being addressed, please post here, thanks!
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Perhaps you could post a screenshot of your prison design and the utilities view.

I've never had this problem and it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue which leads me to believe it could be something on your end.
mecharm
level0

Postby mecharm » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Hey gang,

Had same problem three times, finally figured out it was not a bug (in my case). Maybe this was what happened with you too;

I've fenced in the "delivery" section of the pavement, so when the prisoners arrived they never got off the...bus (yeah, let's go with that), I had to manually send them to the cells - aka putting them in a pee-hell for eternity.

Without fencing the delviery zone however, everything's gold!

Hope it helps gents.

Cheers,
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:29 am

mecharm wrote:Hey gang,

Had same problem three times, finally figured out it was not a bug (in my case). Maybe this was what happened with you too;

I've fenced in the "delivery" section of the pavement, so when the prisoners arrived they never got off the...bus (yeah, let's go with that), I had to manually send them to the cells - aka putting them in a pee-hell for eternity.

Without fencing the delviery zone however, everything's gold!

Hope it helps gents.

Cheers,
I certainly never fenced my delivery zone. Or manually moved any of my prisoners anywhere. The "Wee" problem happens to me.
Bahger
level1
level1

Postby Bahger » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:31 am

I did indeed fence in my delivery zone, so this intel gives me hope. I also placed two layers of prison gates at the entrance to the jail; it's possible that if I didn't hire guards early enough, the prisoners would have been locked out, bladders bursting. I am going to investigate all this.
Bahger
level1
level1

Postby Bahger » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:57 am

It appears to me that you cannot wall off the outside delivery area wall where the truck bringing the prisoners pulls up because the only ones that get out are those whose positions on the truck correspond with no wall. This means you need to wall off and secure the inside perimiter of the delivery area with, say a guarded jail door. I hope that will work because, as I say, walling the perimiter alongside the truck stops the inmates getting out.
mecharm
level0

Postby mecharm » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:20 am

xyzyxx wrote:I certainly never fenced my delivery zone. Or manually moved any of my prisoners anywhere. The "Wee" problem happens to me.

Hm...weird.

It must be something along these lines I think, as I can reproduce The Wee problem (then solve it)...

So your delivery area was clean as your unused toilets?
frasercarter
level1
level1

Postby frasercarter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:41 am

I can confirm i experienced this also, when my delivery area was fenced off... but it could have been another factor.

Return to “Community Members”