What feature would you like to see first?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Which feature do you most want to see next?

Prisoners dig escape tunnels
15%
Guard deployment mode + Patrol routes
78%
Fire engines + Firemen (Emergency callout)
7%

Total votes: 1516
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

What feature would you like to see first?

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:29 am

Greetings all,

We are still incredibly busy manning our booth at the Eurogamer Expo. We hope you are enjoying the game!

We are aiming to release alpha2 within two to three weeks. We have several half finished features which will need further work before we can release them -so we thought we'd ask you what order you'd like to see features appear. So let us know!

- Note: Guard Deployment allows you to assign guards to all the areas of your prison from a single screen. They will patrol their assigned area.
Last edited by Chris on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meethique
level1
level1

Postby Meethique » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:35 am

Guard is really the most important feature for me.

But it would be cool if it comes along some fixes and other new stuff. :P
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:39 am

Female prisoners. :D
pudd1nG
level0

Postby pudd1nG » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:52 am

Currently every prisoner that arrives at your facility is a 'lifer'. They have no release date. Prisoners need a release date, which could be pushed if they do bad. If they make it to their release date (which could be as little as 1-2 days) they would get on a bus and leave, with the prison getting a decent payout for a successful 'rehabilitation'. With these sentences we could still have lifers, and we could even get death row sentences with a date of execution we must get ready for.

I have more here -> http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... .php?t=416
SlashLife
level1
level1

Postby SlashLife » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:52 am

Hessen wrote:Female prisoners. :D

I like your thinking. :twisted:
Mokota
level0

Postby Mokota » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:38 am

I agree with pudd1nG. There are too many prisoners. There should be a way to stop the arriveing of them and they should release after a specific time.
Beside this i think guard controll would be cool.
Mathieu
level1
level1

Postby Mathieu » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 am

pudd1nG wrote:Currently every prisoner that arrives at your facility is a 'lifer'. They have no release date. Prisoners need a release date, which could be pushed if they do bad. If they make it to their release date (which could be as little as 1-2 days) they would get on a bus and leave, with the prison getting a decent payout for a successful 'rehabilitation'. With these sentences we could still have lifers, and we could even get death row sentences with a date of execution we must get ready for.

Agree it would be fun if prisoneer could earn their freedom.
shenanigans
level1
level1

Postby shenanigans » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:01 pm

pudd1nG wrote:Currently every prisoner that arrives at your facility is a 'lifer'. They have no release date. Prisoners need a release date, which could be pushed if they do bad. If they make it to their release date (which could be as little as 1-2 days) they would get on a bus and leave, with the prison getting a decent payout for a successful 'rehabilitation'. With these sentences we could still have lifers, and we could even get death row sentences with a date of execution we must get ready for.

This is desperately needed. Otherwise any Prison Made never turns a profit because you are ever expanding.
SockDog
level0

Postby SockDog » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:07 pm

The Prisoner problem doesn't seem to be a tough one but I'm guessing it's going to be wrapped up in game modes which might be further down the line. I guess for the alpha just having the prison running and running is the best way to ensure the whole thing works before putting in stuff that just alters the rules of play. I say this of course wanting such a limit too but I'm not really counting on it for a while.

Voted for the Guard controls although tunnels sound like fun. Fire is always BAD!

Anyone know if there are going to be dogs in the game? Would be nice to have them patrolling the perimeter. If they are in there, please, Dobermans, I am totally biased and can offer two for modelling. :twisted:
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks for asking the community Chris.. alpha feels good :)
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:43 pm

shenanigans wrote:

This is desperately needed. Otherwise any Prison Made never turns a profit because you are ever expanding.

Personally I feel that the endless flood of prisoners is more of an issue - the daily income from having a prisoner seems quite doable.

Perhaps tie it into the grant system? You agree to take on a certain number of inmates over a period of time (such as 40 prisoners over the course of a week). You get some money for accepting it as well as a final paycheck for successfully rehabilitating everyone in the contract. (Or executing if it is a death row grant)
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Lots of people are saying they want a limit and/or adjustment on prisoner intake. I for one am voting very strongly *against* this. This is an alpha, release number one. Clearly they will adjust prisoner intake in the future, and for now there are workarounds. Personally I think it is much better for them to focus on things that currently don't have workarounds, such as patrols, door behaviour etc.

There you have it...rant over :p
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:25 pm

a__gun wrote:Lots of people are saying they want a limit and/or adjustment on prisoner intake. I for one am voting very strongly *against* this. This is an alpha, release number one. Clearly they will adjust prisoner intake in the future, and for now there are workarounds. Personally I think it is much better for them to focus on things that currently don't have workarounds, such as patrols, door behaviour etc.

+1
Molano
level1
level1

Postby Molano » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:39 pm

a__gun wrote:Lots of people are saying they want a limit and/or adjustment on prisoner intake. I for one am voting very strongly *against* this. This is an alpha, release number one. Clearly they will adjust prisoner intake in the future, and for now there are workarounds. Personally I think it is much better for them to focus on things that currently don't have workarounds, such as patrols, door behaviour etc.

Well i think it's a fine line to be walked. As a developer what are you going to do? Implement all kind of new features to move forward to a feature complete game or work on improving / balancing / bug-fixing to keep the people who are currently players happy and make sure the current build is stream lined.

I don't really mind either way. I'm done playing the game in it's current state and will patiently wait for a new build to try out, just like a lot of other games :). I do wonder where IV's focus will be though.
rehsarht
level0

Postby rehsarht » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:08 pm

I would love them ALL, of course, but in the current alpha build, the one thing that would make it a bit more manageable is having guard routes and stations. My guards are never where I need them, and even with some good security measures in place, prisoners still pile up at exits waiting for my staff only doors to open to make their escape.

Something I would like to see added are some sort of 'zones', much like the burrows in Dwarf Fortress. You could designate areas as off limits to prisoners, or support staff, even. That way, when a prisoner enters an area he is not supposed to be in, guards will come for him. These zones would depend on CCTVs or guard presence, of course. For all I know that might be redundant if there is something to the guard routes/stations that already accomplishes this.

Return to “Community Members”