Prisoner Intake Never ending?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Hiigariain
level0

Prisoner Intake Never ending?

Postby Hiigariain » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Perhaps I am missing something but... I have had 7-8 prisoners arrive every morning on the small map. It is getting to the point that I have so many 70+ that I'll soon have to start replacing necessities with cells.

Does the intake/population ever even out/stop?

Thanks!
motoryogurt
level1
level1

Postby motoryogurt » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:55 pm

nope.. find a way to kill them off faster. they are criminals and should all be executed for their pot smoking ways.
diametric
level0

Postby diametric » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:11 pm

So, just like real life then?
zeroZshadow
level1
level1

Postby zeroZshadow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:13 pm

move the delivery room inland, this stops the truck from delivering prisoners but still delivers items
Hiigariain
level0

Postby Hiigariain » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:14 pm

lol well...... really? I'm assuming there is a cap?
Hiigariain
level0

Postby Hiigariain » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:18 pm

zeroZshadow wrote:move the delivery room inland, this stops the truck from delivering prisoners but still delivers items

Ahhh.,... thanks!
kongoman
level2
level2

Postby kongoman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:36 am

I think they should add a setting in the GUI, perhaps below the clock, for how many inmates you want to accept each week.
I mean, in real life, if you owned a private prison you would be in charge for decisions like this ?
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:12 am

Interestingly probably not - there is rampant overcrowding in most countries prisons, and not enough space and money to cope. You just keep getting more.

We will be adding new options to the alpha soon to decide what sort of game you wish to play. the continuous influx of prisoners will probably become part of some sort of Pressure Cooker mode which is optional.
Springare
level1
level1

Postby Springare » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:17 am

I would be fine with infinte prisoner-income, if they wouldn't all be grounded for life. If there would be some guys who will left each morning because they paid the price to be free again, maybe with a little bonus money for the friendly prison architect.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 am

Springare wrote:I would be fine with infinte prisoner-income, if they wouldn't all be grounded for life. If there would be some guys who will left each morning because they paid the price to be free again, maybe with a little bonus money for the friendly prison architect.

I like that idea. Have some prisoners in for short stays (3-14 days) and others in for years / life.
Molano
level1
level1

Postby Molano » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:08 pm

Springare wrote:I would be fine with infinte prisoner-income, if they wouldn't all be grounded for life. If there would be some guys who will left each morning because they paid the price to be free again, maybe with a little bonus money for the friendly prison architect.

Ohh i like that. Never thought of that but that would make the game a lot better. Have some waves that will stress you out for a while to facilitate all the prisoners but have the pressure drop after a few days because a lot are short-stay.
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Chris wrote:Interestingly probably not - there is rampant overcrowding in most countries prisons, and not enough space and money to cope. You just keep getting more.

We will be adding new options to the alpha soon to decide what sort of game you wish to play. the continuous influx of prisoners will probably become part of some sort of Pressure Cooker mode which is optional.

I can certainly see the interest in a "pressure cooker" style game. But it also begs the question - what happens once every last square inch of your map is filled? Game over man? What is the goal of the mode? Highest score (time * money * prisoners * other variables?)

The influx of prisoners also seems to (currently) have a poor understanding of the capacity (and budget) of the prison. Personally I'd like to see the daily "profit" checkpoint be just after new prisoners would arrive - balancing a day ahead can be incredibly hard and is usually where most players are failing to "survive".
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Each prisoner to have a sentence length is the best route. If the maximum sentence is say 14 days, you know there's a maximum amount of capacity you're ever going to need.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Illanair wrote:I can certainly see the interest in a "pressure cooker" style game. But it also begs the question - what happens once every last square inch of your map is filled? Game over man? What is the goal of the mode? Highest score (time * money * prisoners * other variables?)

The influx of prisoners also seems to (currently) have a poor understanding of the capacity (and budget) of the prison. Personally I'd like to see the daily "profit" checkpoint be just after new prisoners would arrive - balancing a day ahead can be incredibly hard and is usually where most players are failing to "survive".

I think goals like that will be clearer and easier to define after they get some more content in the game. There should certainly be a customisable prisoner cap, though.
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Postby RMJ1984 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:41 pm

I suspect this wont be as much as a problem when and if the game gets more stuff, i mean ability to have double or triple bunker beds, making cells to 1-3 people stuff like that.

And yeah i like the idea about sentences and stuff, i assume some people are gonna die in the eletric chair, gas chamber, hanging what else they add.

Some prisoners will probably escape.

Maybe depending on what they add and the direction of the game, you could run a bad prison, work prisoners to death in workshop, dig in a mine or something :P

Prisoners will probably also die in fight with guards and each other.

There could also be a whole system about if there is say 5 types of prisoners, the worst you could pay to ship off to another prison, to make your life easier, and or in return, you could take prisoners from other prisons and that would earn you money, if you think you have the prison that can handle those.

Really cant wait to see where this game goes, it has so much potential.

Its fair to assume that not all who goes to prison is there for years and years i mean maybe in USA.

But here most crimes and stuff people do is every thing from 1 month to 1 years ofcourse there is higher as well, but not everyone who goes to prison is there for years and years.

Return to “Community Members”