The Big Mod (campaign 2) - parts 1,2 & 3 available

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:17 pm

woah! how did I not notice all these people posting on here?!?! well first off thanks for trying TBM everyone, nice to see people enjoying my hard work! Ok, well with the Deserts it should work perfectly on the latest patch (this is a mod that went through about 6 beta versions - so very well tester :wink: ). I'll have a look into the anthills problem, not sure about that one. With the black level (ie no lights) it is not broken, this is meant to look like that! and it is doable. my tester completed it withoug once looking at it with full lights. The truck is to flood darwinians straight to where you want and then watch the contours (darwinians can be used to show you the lie of the land and then you can navigate the squads by this).
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
emmett
level0

patch

Postby emmett » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:12 am

what patch?
the mod patch? or the darwinia game patch?
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:36 pm

the mod has no patches, there is only one version that has ever been released! (I hope), yes the latest game patch.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
matthewdaermery
level1
level1

Postby matthewdaermery » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:54 pm

as Losgann said on the last page you edit mission_.lock.txt NOT map_lock.txt, for convenience, download the edited file from here http://www.matthewfarmery.com/files/ (right click and save to link) then copy the file to levels directory, problem fixed

and well done to Losgann for working out how to fix the problem
emmett
level0

patch

Postby emmett » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:37 am

im running vo1.4.2 and it still doesnt work! i get an invaled map file error every time!
help
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:25 pm

interesting, I'll download that edit (thatnks for the fix and the hosting to you two) and have a glance at that, hopefully I can release a patched version tomorrow!

once again thanks for playing TheBigMod, because of you lot playing I've started building FTP again (I had given up because there weren't enough players)
matthewdaermery
level1
level1

Postby matthewdaermery » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:01 pm

I think this is a really good mod, I really hope you can continue on the forth mod, it would be a real pity if you have stopped doing it, also if you want some beta testers for that mod, give me a shout as I would be happy too

still stuck on that dark level, I will try it again, and I really want to get passed it

PS Im currently using patch 1.3 for Darwinia the mod works ok with this patch, so emmett you could try that

Edit

for convenience the 1.3 patch for darwinia can be downloaded from the above link I posted

http://www.matthewfarmery.com/files/
emmett
level0

patch

Postby emmett » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:29 pm

the link you gave me is for the windows version, im running mac
matthewdaermery
level1
level1

Postby matthewdaermery » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:22 pm

sorry but oddly I am unable to find a 1,3 patch for mac, unless someone else can provide a link or a patch for the mac doesn't exist?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:11 am

The most up to date version is available from Ambrosia Software. I believe that the current version number is 1.4.2.

xander
emmett
level0

patch

Postby emmett » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:58 am

martin, what version are you running and on windows or mac?
matthewdaermery
level1
level1

Postby matthewdaermery » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:05 pm

these is one question I would like to put to you martin, on the valley level, (third mod) you have a seconldy objective open trunk port, yet there is no engineeer on that map nor is there any way to create one, plus there is a data cube (no idea what it would contain) but how is one meant to get it? as soon as I got my little green squad to the trunk port mission complete, I would be interested in your answer, could these things be an oversight?

PS completed the dark level it was ok, and you are right, it was doable
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:39 pm

ok, quite a lot of activity here; and a Xander sighting ;)

well I'm running the latest version of the windows darwinia. I can't rememebr if my *secret testers name erased for security purposes* did it on a mac or not... I'll find out.

also, the dark level is doable, but difficult - well done on finishing that.

The valley level dosen't have an engineer, that's true. The objective and the data cube are leftovers from when you could make an engineer there - I just never removed them because I didn't think it was particularly important in the face of scripting my first ever mod!

anyway. I'm about to download that fix (computer broke yesterday so I couldn't test it then :( ) and I'll try to release a new version tonight.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:44 pm

sorry for the double post, actually I'm going to trust that the fix works. here is the new version. I'll mail hitm4n and get him to host it soon. also feel free to look around my website by the way.

new version. TheDeserts V1.1:

http://martindevans.googlepages.com/TheDesertsV1.1.rar

TheBigMod story, you'll be able to find this on the new webpage when it's done:

http://martindevans.googlepages.com/darwiniastory.txt
matthewdaermery
level1
level1

Postby matthewdaermery » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:05 pm

tested the new version, works ok on the windows version of Darwinia, I hope this fixes the issue for emmett

Edit

sorry martin but the lock level is buggy,

1 the rader dish right of the accessprt1 trunk port (when looking at the writing and the central island is behind you) I was unable to control, even though I captured the control tower

and the tall island on the left of trunk port accessprt4 (you facing the central island) I can't align the dish to the other, even though Im pointing straight at it, unless I meant to use the other dish that I can't control?

Return to “Mod Projects”