Hardened gamer, stunned by IV's games

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Jeku
level0

Hardened gamer, stunned by IV's games

Postby Jeku » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:55 am

Hey all,

I'm new to these forums, and new to IV's games as well. After playing (and loving) Defcon, I read a review of Darwinia and purchased it on impulse. Darwinia is fast becoming my absolute favourite strategy game-- I really enjoy and am amazed by the sweet retro graphics and audio.

I will definitely be keeping an eye out for IV's upcoming releases. Just thought I'd let you know.

By the way I work at EA and we have been playing 4-6 player Defcon matches pretty much every day since the game's release ;-)

Thanks!
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:09 am

Welcome to the revolution. :D
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:14 pm

Man, I want to work in a place where I am allowed to play games all day :(

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:07 pm

But Xander - you get to work with swet adorable little children all day, what could top the kind lovingness of little children? :twisted:
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:09 pm

martin wrote:But Xander - you get to work with swet adorable little children all day, what could top the kind lovingness of little children? :twisted:

Oh, I adore working with the little shits^Wcherubim. I just wish I could game all day, too.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:49 pm

xander wrote:Oh, I adore working with the little shits^Wcherubim. I just wish I could game all day, too.

My second little cherub kicked me in the head last night - and she's not even done baking.

Guess this one will take after her mother. ;D

I second the notion of gaming all day. I really need to run for Prime Minister, and make law a mandatory 1 hour gaming break during the workday. :D
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:58 pm

trickfred wrote:
xander wrote:Oh, I adore working with the little shits^Wcherubim. I just wish I could game all day, too.

My second little cherub kicked me in the head last night - and she's not even done baking.

I second the notion of gaming all day. I really need to run for Prime Minister, and make law a mandatory 1 hour gaming break during the workday. :D

I would vote for your party, if they allowed Americans to vote in Canadian elections. Maybe I should just move to Canada -- it can't possibly be as bad as being hated by everyone because you happen to be a citizen of George Bush's America.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:08 pm

xander wrote:
trickfred wrote:

I would vote for your party, if they allowed Americans to vote in Canadian elections. Maybe I should just move to Canada -- it can't possibly be as bad as being hated by everyone because you happen to be a citizen of George Bush's America.

xander

Just FYI, saying the phrases 'Eh?', 'Take off', and/or 'Hoser', drinking copious amounts of good beer, and watching hockey are all not mandatory. But they sure make it a lot more enjoyable. :D

(Bacon and maple syrup consumption is, of course, mandatory)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:30 pm

trickfred wrote:Just FYI, saying the phrases 'Eh?', 'Take off', and/or 'Hoser', drinking copious amounts of good beer, and watching hockey are all not mandatory. But they sure make it a lot more enjoyable. :D

(Bacon and maple syrup consumption is, of course, mandatory)

I used to live in Iowa, only a hop, skip, and a jump from Minnesota. I can say eh, eh? Same goes for hoser, though I am not sure about the usage of "take off." Good beer is good, and I will drind copiously. Hockey is fun live, but I have not interest in following the sport, or watching it on television. Maple syrup and bacon are two of the greatest discoveries ever.

xander
Jeku
level0

Postby Jeku » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:19 pm

Hehehe thanks guys--- trickfred, which province are you located?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:55 am

Anything meaning less games from EA is a good thing, right?
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:48 pm

Jeku wrote:Hehehe thanks guys--- trickfred, which province are you located?

Slumming it in Hamilton, ON. Soon as we are ready for a house, we're so out of here. Burlington, maybe Oakville.

Of course, there's always the possibility of Alberta, too. Lots of expansion out there; oil sands and all.
Jeku
level0

Postby Jeku » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:47 pm

Yes, Alberta would be a good place to save money--- there being no PST and all. I almost moved to Montreal last year so I would have been able to experience more of the east side of the country. Oh well ;-)
chrisgbk
level1
level1

Postby chrisgbk » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:55 pm

Jeku wrote:Yes, Alberta would be a good place to save money--- there being no PST and all. I almost moved to Montreal last year so I would have been able to experience more of the east side of the country. Oh well ;-)

That made me laugh. Sure, we have no PST in Alberta, but the cost of living is often much, much higher than elsewhere when it comes to groceries, rent, and the like. Oftentimes, it costs more in Alberta for the same thing, despite the lack of PST.

Return to “General”