complete doom 3???

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Is that just a really bad typo or an easter-egg???

Easter-egg
80%
Typo
20%

Total votes: 5
generaleskimo
level0

complete doom 3???

Postby generaleskimo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:54 am

http://www.darwinia.co.uk/about/roadmap.html

look near the bottom. One of the completed items on the roadmap is "complete doom III". Is that just a really bad typo or an easter-egg???
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:00 am

Neither.

That's when Doom 3 came out, and, well, production on Darwinia probably took a back seat for a few days until Chris finished it.

And it's really nice and all that you figured out how to make a poll, but honestly, you don't have to make a poll for every thought that crosses your mind. :wink:
generaleskimo
level0

ya

Postby generaleskimo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:02 am

ya, but polls are fun. Anyways, I guess your response would be easter egg, as that doesn't have anything to do with the developement of darwinia. I'm sure the valve guys took a break from hl2 when doom 3 came out, but they didn't have a press release about it.
trickfred
level5
level5

Re: ya

Postby trickfred » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:08 am

generaleskimo wrote:ya, but polls are fun. Anyways, I guess your response would be easter egg, as that doesn't have anything to do with the developement of darwinia. I'm sure the valve guys took a break from hl2 when doom 3 came out, but they didn't have a press release about it.

No.

An easter egg is a fun little secret that is hidden somewhere, usually in a computer program or a DVD menu, that the average person wouldn't find, unless by accident (or they were hunting for such things).

The Doom 3 reference is kinda not really hidden, since it's sort of on a page that's quite obviously linked to on the site's menu pages.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
generaleskimo
level0

yaya

Postby generaleskimo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:14 am

that's what i thought you would say. However, that wasn't on there until AFTER darwinia was released on steam and pretty much finished. I know, because I used to check that page daily. Just because it is obviously linked doesn't mean it isn't hidden, because nobody would want to go to that page these days (except me).
trickfred
level5
level5

Re: yaya

Postby trickfred » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:18 am

generaleskimo wrote:that's what i thought you would say. However, that wasn't on there until AFTER darwinia was released on steam and pretty much finished. I know, because I used to check that page daily. Just because it is obviously linked doesn't mean it isn't hidden, because nobody would want to go to that page these days (except me).

Actually, no, it was on there long before IV even thought about putting Darwinia on Steam.

Wayback Machine link showing darwinia.co.uk from October 14th, 2004:

http://web.archive.org/web/200410140123 ... admap.html

Darwinia was released on Steam in December 2005.

Any other questions, class?
ShepFan
level2
level2

Re: ya

Postby ShepFan » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:43 pm

trickfred wrote:"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Incontheivable! :D

-ShepFan

Return to “General”