Insurrection 1.1.7

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:09 am

Heh. No problem. Just happy you have that sorted out - Insurrection's a great mod, the best one available so far, I'd wager.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:42 am

Damn you, trickfred! Taking care of the newbie's problem whilst I am out and about. At any rate, I am glad you are sorted. And remember, folks, Insurrection does require the latest version of Darwinia -- perhaps I should put that in the README.txt...

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:45 am

Hey, you've done it for me on occasion - I seem to remember you handing out advice in the EW thread once upon a time. Do unto others... :D

(Unless of course, you'd prefer I didn't. I was just thinking I could help the guy faster if you indeed weren't around. Didn't mean to step on any toes! :D )
ShepFan
level2
level2

Postby ShepFan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:24 pm

xander wrote:Damn you, trickfred! Taking care of the newbie's problem whilst I am out and about. At any rate, I am glad you are sorted. And remember, folks, Insurrection does require the latest version of Darwinia -- perhaps I should put that in the README.txt...

xander

It's too bad there isn't a way for a mod to check the Darwinia version # at runtime. Or is there? I really should read that modding guide some time. At the moment I'm brushing up on linear algebra and polynomial regression for a job interview tomorrow, so it ain't gonna happen soon!

trickfred wrote:Hey, you've done it for me on occasion - I seem to remember you handing out advice in the EW thread once upon a time. Do unto others... :D

(Unless of course, you'd prefer I didn't. I was just thinking I could help the guy faster if you indeed weren't around. Didn't mean to step on any toes! :D )

That goes for me, too.

-ShepFan
TheShifter
level1
level1

Postby TheShifter » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:04 pm

Completly off topic, but good luck with the interview :)

tom
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:24 pm

trickfred wrote:Hey, you've done it for me on occasion - I seem to remember you handing out advice in the EW thread once upon a time. Do unto others... :D

I was being facetious. I should have used smileys. Mostly, I was slapping myself on the forehead for not thinking of the solution right off. Again, I am glad it is sorted, no toes stepped upon. Keep up the good work.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:26 pm

xander wrote:I was being facetious. I should have used smileys.

I knew that. Hence my smileys. ;D
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:58 pm

Sorry to have taken so long getting to this. I have uploaded a minor update to Insurrection. This update should, hopefully, fix the problem with Primary_Core (I commented out the AI -- I guess I will put it back in when the problem is fixed). I also tweaked Repository a bit, and adjusted some of the ants in Sanctuary -- they shouldn't go running off any more. The new files can be found at http://yozh.org/darwinia/Insurrection1.1.7.zip .

xander
Kromak_
level0

Great Mod!

Postby Kromak_ » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:22 pm

I just finished playing insurrection 1.1.7, and just wanted to congratulate you, I had a lot of fun playing it... more than with the original game :)

Can't wait till your next mod ;)
michiel14
level1
level1

very cool mod

Postby michiel14 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:02 pm

i havent played the mod yet but the story is magnificent!!!
i hope the mod is as good as the story when i play it
il send my feedback after playing it
btp
level0

Belated, but still...

Postby btp » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:25 pm

Hi again - just realised that I never actually came back to say well done on Insurrection.

Once I got that version of the game going (thanks again Trickfred! :wink:) it all worked smooth with a capital SMOO, and it was really good fun - thanks very much for doing it.

I'm working on my own (first!) mod just now using the various guides and I now appreciate even more how much work must have gone into it.

Anyway, cheers for the mod and the help :D
xander
level5
level5

Re: Belated, but still...

Postby xander » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:00 pm

btp wrote:Hi again - just realised that I never actually came back to say well done on Insurrection.

Once I got that version of the game going (thanks again Trickfred! :wink:) it all worked smooth with a capital SMOO, and it was really good fun - thanks very much for doing it.

I'm working on my own (first!) mod just now using the various guides and I now appreciate even more how much work must have gone into it.

Anyway, cheers for the mod and the help :D

Well, thank you for saying such kind words. Good luck in your own modding! :)

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:03 am

btp wrote:smooth with a capital SMOO

That's my new favourite phrase this week. :D
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:01 pm

trickfred wrote:

Does that mean I will have to come up with something better than "metric fuck-ton?"

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:27 pm

xander wrote:
trickfred wrote:

Does that mean I will have to come up with something better than "metric fuck-ton?"

xander

Indeed. :D

Return to “Mod Projects”