Feature Request

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:07 pm

Also, include these too:

Major Cooke wrote:I think the next patch should include updates for the editor, such as the following:

creating scripts from ingame
being able to change color of certain teams
having 4 darwinian teams in single player mode and having them being controlled by the computer (except the yellow and green)
allow the Yellow darwinians to move to the spot you command them to
change the colors of darwinians to blue and being able to use them
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:20 pm

Major Cooke wrote:Also, include these too:

Major Cooke wrote:I think the next patch should include updates for the editor, such as the following:

creating scripts from ingame
being able to change color of certain teams
having 4 darwinian teams in single player mode and having them being controlled by the computer (except the yellow and green)
allow the Yellow darwinians to move to the spot you command them to
change the colors of darwinians to blue and being able to use them

Honestly? I'm fine with making scripts outside of the editor. Putting a text editor into the mod editor's not really a good use of time that could be devoted to other, more important things. Any good modder's going to use a superior text editor, anyways. I use UltraEdit, and it's better than any text editor Chris might find the time to hack into the game.

Yellow DGs do move to where you tell them to, if you're using an Officer. They just can't become an Officer. I don't understand why you'd want specifically 4 DG teams, but allowing more teams than the 4 current ones (and making them work, like fixing invisible Virii not on Team 1 for example) is indeed some thing we all want.

Changing DG and/or team colours has been suggested previously.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:50 pm

Well, yeah... the reason why i posted the thing bout yellow darwinians is so maybe you could control them each and individually (and order the rest around with an officer) so that way you dont have to waste time with like... sending a thousand darwinians to a missing spot at a solar panel just to fill that one spot up with a darwinian... get my point?

Also, is it possible to make color-coded viruses like green-team spiders are green, yellow-team virii are yellow, etc...?
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:55 pm

Major Cooke wrote:Well, yeah... the reason why i posted the thing bout yellow darwinians is so maybe you could control them each and individually (and order the rest around with an officer) so that way you dont have to waste time with like... sending a thousand darwinians to a missing spot at a solar panel just to fill that one spot up with a darwinian... get my point?

...Thus eliminating the need for Officers? I highly doubt we'll see that. Darwinians aren't meant to be interacted with on such an individual level. They are supposedly independant entites, after all.

Major Cooke wrote:Also, is it possible to make color-coded viruses like green-team spiders are green, yellow-team virii are yellow, etc...?

This has also already been discussed in this thread, see back a few pages.

Edit: I really want to double post, but I shouldn't.

I want to see the ability to change the Y axis for StaticShapes, either relative to the height of the land it's over, or independant of it (I'd prefer the latter, but could live with the former).
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:03 am

...The spams that are spawned through the god Dish...

I noticed that they respond to the (Trigger Spam) script command. On my Hadron map they fire off using the command, but there are no red streamers coming from the cubes. Is it possible to get the sprite with the streamers to show up on those spams?
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:44 am

Could some one show me a creenshot with the bridge that was taken out of the original game?

Return to “Mod Projects”