why does this not work

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Tue May 16, 2006 10:48 am

xander wrote:And, to quote myself:
xander wrote:• Does the script not relinquish control to the user?
Add a line to the end of the script. Darwinia looks for a blank line at the end. It will skip over the last line if there is no blank line at the end.

As presumably implied, all Darwinia texty files need an empty line at the end. Do you gots an empty line after m_1? If not, that's why it won't work.

I would add that saying it doesn't work isn't as helpful as you could be;
does simply nothing at all happen when it should be saying it?
does it come up saying can't find m_1?
does everything crash and explode horribly? (a regular occurence)
cro5point
level1
level1

Postby cro5point » Tue May 16, 2006 4:07 pm

the only thing that happens is that it says (error m_1) instead of the message

i also tryed using a script trigger but that does not work to

i think im going to have to reload the game i think it might be a problem with the install thats the only thing i can think of

i need to no how to make the game open the level editor without finshing the game so i dont have to play it through it all again
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Tue May 16, 2006 4:38 pm

cro5point wrote:the only thing that happens is that it says (error m_1) instead of the message

i also tryed using a script trigger but that does not work to

i think im going to have to reload the game i think it might be a problem with the install thats the only thing i can think of

i need to no how to make the game open the level editor without finshing the game so i dont have to play it through it all again

If it was a problem with the install, then the game wouldn't even load. Don't waste your time.

The intro_1 line appeared properly, but not the m_1 line?

You still have yet to confirm that the last line in your scripts_default.txt file is indeed a blank line.

Every time you post the contents of that file, it looks like this:

Code: Select all

intro_1   Oh my god im glad i got hold of you, the viruses have returned but this time it had nothing to do with the darwinians, before i could fix the security of the drawinians world some one has hacked into the system and uploaded the virus again, im not sure who is doing it but im working to find out who it is and why they have done this, i need you do again stop the virus spread seeing as you were so good at it last time, im counting on you again.

m_1   Ok you are going to have to get this trunk port going so you can get to the zhub and gain access to the other islands, this is you first mission, good luck.

When it should look like this:

Code: Select all

intro_1   Oh my god im glad i got hold of you, the viruses have returned but this time it had nothing to do with the darwinians, before i could fix the security of the drawinians world some one has hacked into the system and uploaded the virus again, im not sure who is doing it but im working to find out who it is and why they have done this, i need you do again stop the virus spread seeing as you were so good at it last time, im counting on you again.

m_1   Ok you are going to have to get this trunk port going so you can get to the zhub and gain access to the other islands, this is you first mission, good luck.

cro5point
level1
level1

Postby cro5point » Tue May 16, 2006 7:13 pm

oh my god i feel like a retard it now works

so the intro is all done i now have to make level primary and secondary goals
so im going to give it a go

Return to “Mod Projects”