Free conversion service for SHP files

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Miah
level5
level5

Free conversion service for SHP files

Postby Miah » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:37 pm

Hey all... I've been rather swamped lately with various things, but I have found a fast way to convert many file (I can support over 100 file formats) to the .SHP type that Darwinia requires.

Being that this requires 3DS Max 5, and very few people have that, I thought I would start up a translation service for those less fortunate.

Rules:
  • You may send any amount of files. If you require more than one translation, I request you zip it or rar it.
  • No inappropriate images
  • By submitting your request, you realise that I do it on my own time, when I have the time. I will usually process within 24 hours until I am either swamped or have a previous engagement to attend to.
  • Please send only file formats that have groups. If you don't, you're at risk of having some very serious problems when you use these file in Darwinia (example, the Incubator is not one shape, it's 13)
  • You will need to slightly edit the files after translation, in the form of assigning proper names to the shapes and markers.
  • If you have an error with the file that causes a fatal error in Darwinia, it is because you didn't follow one or both of the two prior rules. That said, I will not be debugging your file, as I simply haven't the time.

None of your artwork will ever be put on display on or by darwinite.com without expressed access. For the full legal statement, visit http://darwinite.com/legal.php

I will accept any of the following methods of transfer:
AIM: SovOfSilence
MSNM SovOfSilence [at] hotmail [dot] com
Email: dev [at] darwinite [dot] com
FTP: Your account only. please provide a link for download
>ZEphYR<
level0

free perl conversion script for 3DSMax v6

Postby >ZEphYR< » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:05 am

--read last post.
Last edited by >ZEphYR< on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
trickfred
level5
level5

Re: free perl conversion script for 3DSMax v6

Postby trickfred » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:31 am

>ZEphYR< wrote:-snip-

Thanks for the link, but anyone that's been here more than ten minutes and is into modding already knows about that site and script. It's mentioned in several places in the Mod Projects forum, and the site is linked on the official game site, in the Community section. ;D

Welcome to the boards. :D
>ZEphYR<
level0

3DSMax v6

Postby >ZEphYR< » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:51 am

--read last post
Last edited by >ZEphYR< on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------
...and how can this be?
because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:55 am

My apologies - didn't realize you had made such significant changes, I didn't actually download it and try it. You should really post this in a related thread, or maybe start your own thread.
>ZEphYR<
level0

Thread

Postby >ZEphYR< » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:55 am

All info on new thread " .ASE to .shp converter for 3DSMax ver6...and maybe more..."

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwinia/viewtopic.php?t=3274&sid=824885000910ef803540713b1b94cf56

:[ZEphYR]:

//Good point Xander (;
Last edited by >ZEphYR< on Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
-----------------------------------------

...and how can this be?

because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Thread

Postby xander » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:30 pm

>ZEphYR< wrote:All info on new thread " .ASE to .shp converter for 3DSMax ver6...and maybe more..."

:[ZEphYR]:

Since you have edited all of your other posts to exclude any useful information, you might post a link to the thread in which you have provided such information... you know, something like this:

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwin ... php?t=3274

Posting the link might be important, as this topic is sticky, and yours is not. Thus, your topic could easily leave the front page and fall off into oblivion, while it would still be referenced here. Certainly, one could search for the appropriate thread, but why make more work for people?

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm

Not a conversion request but does anyone have any alternate shapes for the world map (as shown in nihils guide) - I need one with lots of holes if at all possible. Thanks.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:17 pm

Ok, a real conversion request this time :P

Is this service still going? If so email me :

martindevans@gmail.com

and I'll send the files to you. they're Ms3D files.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:20 pm

I had given an email because I don't check this topic very often, but the service is basically open as long as people need it. I've sent you an email.

Sorry for large ammounts of delay, but uh, I wasn't intending to check back much :P
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:44 pm

ok, never mind - I've got nihil to do it. But thanks miah.

Return to “Mod Projects”