The Big Mod (campaign 2) - parts 1,2 & 3 available

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:33 pm

Wow, thanks lowell.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:28 am

A new addition to the raft of web based resources being released for TheigMod :D

TheBigMod blog! You can find it here at:

http://thebigmod.blogspot.com/
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:54 pm

TheBigMod website is now properly up, hosted by a decent server that dosen't paste adds everywhere:

http://www.crimsonsun.cc/big_mod.html

Thankyou to Lowell for the hosting. At the site you can find Download links, screenshots and storyline explanations. I may also add a level completion guide.

If you have screenshots of TheBigMod gameplay that are cool then submit them here. Thankyou.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:05 am

Glad I could help...get some more screenshots and we can put up a Flash photo album like the one I used. Picture size is width="640" height="480"
xbskid
level1
level1

Postby xbskid » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:25 am

I nabbed "Maintanence (sic) SYS" v1.1 from the Darwinia Modlist, and with the v1.42 patch, Darwinia continually crashes about 10-15 seconds into the Cental Control level. Is this normal behavior? :P
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:50 am

I just checked on my site and this mod is listed as MaintenanceSys. The archives filename is MaintenanceSys and the folder created when unpacked is MaintenanceSys...

So is it spelt wrong actually inside the mod ? Cos that'll be out of my hands :)
xbskid
level1
level1

Postby xbskid » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:42 pm

I don't remember if it's misspelled inside the mod, but it's misspelled on it's very own website. And I just reverted to v1.3, and it works fine. :)
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:13 pm

OK, two points here:

yes, I know it is misspelled - I spelt it like that on its first release and have included that spelling in scripts for future mods etc - changing the spelling would be a big job (maybe DrS just spelt it wrong?)

The crash seems to be related to the latest patch, since it seems to be a scripting problem that is The_GoldFish's area - and he is doing universtity stuff now :( - however when TBM production gets back on its feet after the exams hopefuly we'll have a fix out.

And Thankyou for playing.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:20 pm

Hope it wont take him too long, I cant wait...

p.s. martin, check your inbox, I sent you a little something...
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue May 09, 2006 4:28 pm

OK, last night I sent TheDeserts off to TGF, unfortunately it may be some time because my graphics card is still dead and I couldn't finish off some of the upgrades I wanted to do - so TGF will have to do it all, which will be slower since he's still got university stuff to do.
Azati Prime
level1
level1

Postby Azati Prime » Mon May 29, 2006 8:06 pm

Weird, when I run this mod Darwinia seems to just start from the beginning with no apparent changes. I played through the first level and part of the second level hoping it would split off into the mod but no luck. Did I screw up somehow?
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue May 30, 2006 11:10 am

Azati Prime wrote:Weird, when I run this mod Darwinia seems to just start from the beginning with no apparent changes. I played through the first level and part of the second level hoping it would split off into the mod but no luck. Did I screw up somehow?

ahh, that's a common problem. What happened is when you unpacked it you buired it too deep. It should be:

/place/darwinia/mods/maintenanceSYS

(and there should be a load of files in the final folder)

if you look your is probably unzipped so it's something like:

/place/darwinia/mods/maintanenceSYS/maintanenceSYS

Do you get that? Or have I just spouted lines of nonsense?
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue May 30, 2006 4:53 pm

martin wrote:OK, last night I sent TheDeserts off to TGF, unfortunately it may be some time because my graphics card is still dead and I couldn't finish off some of the upgrades I wanted to do - so TGF will have to do it all, which will be slower since he's still got university stuff to do.

You didnt get my message did you?

I sent you a while ago a list of bugs, they need to be fixed ASAP. Have TGF help you when hes done.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Tue May 30, 2006 5:04 pm

Azati Prime wrote:Weird, when I run this mod Darwinia seems to just start from the beginning with no apparent changes. I played through the first level and part of the second level hoping it would split off into the mod but no luck. Did I screw up somehow?

It sounds like you didn't make a new profile or click on the (mods) button on the game options menu. When playing Mods...always use a new profile, Add the mod in here;

Place the mods folder inside your Mods directory;
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Darwinia/full/mods/
Linux: ~/.darwinia/mods/
Win: Darwinia\mods\
Steam: \Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[user]\darwinia\mods\

Edit your Prefrences text, or in the world map inside the game, click the ESC key on your keyboard, click Profiles, click MODS, and so on. Then The Big Mod should kick-in just fine, you will see a New world map with New island names for the missions.

Is that any help?
Lowell
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed May 31, 2006 1:31 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
martin wrote:OK, last night I sent TheDeserts off to TGF, unfortunately it may be some time because my graphics card is still dead and I couldn't finish off some of the upgrades I wanted to do - so TGF will have to do it all, which will be slower since he's still got university stuff to do.

You didnt get my message did you?

I sent you a while ago a list of bugs, they need to be fixed ASAP. Have TGF help you when hes done.

I did! I've forwarded the message to TGF - I cannopt do ANYTHING to darwinia, because I have no graphics card :(

On the subject - would you say that an X1900GT is better or worse than an X1800XT? I've seen reviews and benchmarks that suggest they are both better than one another.

Return to “Mod Projects”