Problems buying Darwinia... Please HELP!

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

RedRummy
level0

Problems buying Darwinia... Please HELP!

Postby RedRummy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:11 pm

Hi,

Only registered on this forum to ask this one question...

I tried to buy Darwinia just before Christmas via the online purchasing page on Steampowered.com....

Anyway, when I tried to buy it, the Steam site kept saying that my credit card had been refused because I had put in the wrong address.... fair enough I thought, I'll try again... I tried a further 4 times (5 in total) - i even went to my CC website and checked the listed address... but each time it came back refused.... and I couldn't download the game...

I called my credit card (VISA card) to check they hadn't locked my CC account because of all the failed purchase attempts, and they informed me that Steam had taken payment for the game for all five attempts... it hadn't been refused at all...

I have tried to contact Steam / Valve via email, using the address given on the Darwinia support pages, but have had no reply (been emailing for 2+ weeks now)...

Next step is to approach my CC company to refund the payment, forcing Steam (or whoever to reimburse my CC card) but I'm sure its just a technical glitch..

ANY IDEAS??????

please help...

Red
This is NOT and automated signature.

I type it in every time I post...
andrewas
level4
level4

Postby andrewas » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:39 am

First, get ahold of a statement and verify that you really have been charged five times. Banks are as prone as any other company to have complete idiots staffing the call center.

If you have actualy had the price of five games taken off you, you will have to raise a support ticket on Valve's support site, they are the ones who administer Steam and they are the ones who can help you. Sadly, they have no phone support and they dont do support over email either.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:17 am

You'll have to contact Steam directly, these forums arn't associated with Steam.
GlenStew
level1
level1

Postby GlenStew » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:48 am

If I recall correctly, you can only buy one of each game for each Steam acount you create. Are you sure the game isn't showing in your game list (for download) on any of the accounts you had to make? In Steam, under the "My Games" tab, it'll show the game and "Not Installed" if it's waiting to be downloaded.

Also, just in case you didn't contact them this way....

in the help menu in Steam, hit "Technical support page", Select "Updated-Darwinia Support" in the list. There it'll tell you "If you have a question about your order or problem with the Steam Account you purchased Darwinia in, please click the "Ask A Question" Tab above to contact Steam Support."

Hope that helps
RedRummy
level0

Postby RedRummy » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:14 pm

OK, thanks all...

I never did understand who owned what / who.... out of Steam , Valve, Darwinia - Introversion...

Anyways, I'll try and contact valve direct...

:?
This is NOT and automated signature.

I type it in every time I post...
SeventySix
level0

Postby SeventySix » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:08 am

Unfortunately this is not an uncommon problem when buying games through Steam.

Earlier on last year, I and many of other people had very similar problems when attempting to purchase 'Day of Deafeat: Source' this way. Apparently, it has something to do with their very unforgiving credit card validation software that has particular problems with UK addresses.

You'll find lots of information on the issue on Valve's support message board but ultimately, we had to contact Valve by raising a 'ticket' (can be done from message board URL) to get it resolved.

Hope you get it sorted.

If not, I bought my copy of Darwinia yesterday from Virgin Megastore for £7.99.
a beautiful mind
level1
level1

Postby a beautiful mind » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:24 pm

Personally never had that problem but have heard of it. Do not know why it does that to some. But you best contact Valve.

Return to “General”