Fansite

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

xMs
level3
level3

Fansite

Postby xMs » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:16 pm

I am going to make a feeble attempt to make a fan site for darwinia.
Mainly because I have spare time, anyway....

I'm going to put the avalible mods on my site (host them on my server),
If I credit the creator do I still have to ask permission to put
it on my site?
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:20 pm

Yes
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:59 pm

Please don't add any of my mods to your site. It bothers me enough that an old version of EW Part 1 is still up on Icepick's site, I don't need another site with potentially old versions of my mods on it. You have no idea how many emails I get from people pointing out things wrong with that old version that have already been fixed. I set up my own website for a reason.
xMs
level3
level3

Postby xMs » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:06 pm

Ok :P No problem :)
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:57 pm

you can add any of my mods to your site once they're in a release version (past the huge length betas I usually have)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:02 pm

How about you use your spare time to do my AoN assaignment for me. Much more useful :D
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:10 pm

...? what?

Actually saying about mod hosting if you would like to host the deserts for me it would be nice... Fred stopped hosting it becasue of my HUGE beta time so if you wouldn't mindhosting it in beta stage that would be nice.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Varsity
level2
level2

Postby Varsity » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:17 pm

I know this isn't the best thread to bring this up in, but did this ever make its way over here?
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:12 am

martin wrote:...? what?

Actually saying about mod hosting if you would like to host the deserts for me it would be nice... Fred stopped hosting it becasue of my HUGE beta time so if you wouldn't mindhosting it in beta stage that would be nice.

Please don't make me sound like a dick. I removed it because you said to me twice that you had no intention of finishing it. I didn't want my site to be a home for a swarm of perpetually unfinished projects. If I initially thought you were not going to finish it, I never would have offered the space in the first place. But if you did plan on finishing it, why did you tell me otherwise? Which one is it? Make up your mind. :x
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:45 pm

trickfred wrote:
martin wrote:...? what?

Please don't make me sound like a dick. I removed it because you said to me twice that you had no intention of finishing it. I didn't want my site to be a home for a swarm of perpetually unfinished projects. If I initially thought you were not going to finish it, I never would have offered the space in the first place. But if you did plan on finishing it, why did you tell me otherwise? Which one is it? Make up your mind. :x

sorry fred, i didn't mean it like that - in fact I yhink you were very justified for removing it. I will finish the deserts one day, it may just be a couple of years.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:57 pm

email it to me and i will place it in some webspace. Will just be a simple link to it in this forum. I will add the link to my "modlist" thread and you can add it to a "the desert" thread if you wish.

hitt DOT man AT ntlworld DOT com

Anyone else with mods to host, send em over. All can go in my webspace.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:27 pm

sent

Return to “General”