Words of Apology

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:16 pm

Dave2 wrote:Game Gear, eh?

Go on then, where do you store your stash of AA batteries?

I don't think I ever used it with batteries for any length of time. I had a pug next to my bed that I used when I was at home and an adapter for the car. :)
OrR
level1
level1

Postby OrR » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:23 pm

Dr4goN wrote:
xms wrote:Too expensive? £20 too expensive?

Yes. 20 "quids" in Polish zloties equals 120 zloties.
aoanla wrote:I only have any sympathy with them in two circumstances: if the game is very hard to find in the shops, and yet is still regarded as payware by its publisher; if the game is extremely derivative crap, in which case, arguably, it's not worth the money you'd have to pay for it.

I agree in 100%. But that's why I did it. I'm saying that I was unable to buy Darwinia even that its release date in Europe was 20th March. Plus it was very creepy game, as far for Introversion. But now I don't have Darwinia on my case or on my hard drive. I know, it was folly of me that I did it. But this game is far too crappy and far too expensive for me. I understand those 249 zloties I paid for Quake 4, but why should I pay 120 zloties for so low-end game like this?

You payed money for a crappy game like Quake 4?! You are a complete idiot.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:06 pm

OrR wrote:You payed money for a crappy game like Quake 4?! You are a complete idiot.

I assume that is a rhetorical question. . .
Dave2
level4
level4

Postby Dave2 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:51 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:I don't think I ever used it with batteries for any length of time. I had a pug next to my bed that I used when I was at home and an adapter for the car. :)

I was unable to do that with mine; it was broken or something, no AC adapters would actually work.

Back on-topic, everything I'd've said has been said by other people, so I don't really have anything to contribute.

Going back off-topic again:
da_zeg wrote:Nintendo, on the other hand, were money robbing bastards, suing lots of websites for containing NES and SNES roms. They made a quick buck out of old rope.

Nintendo still actively sells their old games.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:59 pm

The first link there is actually just selling used games (or new games that people have been holding on to). They are also ports of the originals, which as far as I can tell don't count keep the original roms from being labeled obsolete. :)
da_zeg
level2
level2

Postby da_zeg » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:54 pm

At the time, when ninty were kicking up hell about people downloading NES games, the '64 was rife. AFAIK, nintendo, didn't do ports to the 64, there were 3d remakes and continuations on series and stuffs but no ports.

And what's up with selling games made ~20 years ago at full price, no wait, actually more expensive than when the started out. Yes I do realise that sega did this with sonic mega collection for the ps2, but seriously, the mega drive was the end of the mighty Sega glory days.

Can anyone guess which games company i dont like.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:03 pm

da_zeg wrote:Yes I do realise that sega did this with sonic mega collection for the ps2

And two for the Gamecube, I think. Don't Forget The All-Powerful Purple Monkey. :D
da_zeg
level2
level2

Postby da_zeg » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:38 pm

Purple Monkey??

Sorry if its bloody obvious but it's been a long week.
micks
level1
level1

Agreed

Postby micks » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:01 am

xander wrote:If you can afford to pay for a computer and Quake 4, then you can afford to pay for Darwinia. I don't care if you are using dollars, or pounds, or zloties, or rubles. Your constant reference to cost and zloties seems to be a bit of red herring. You have obviously found a way to pay for other things that you care about, including things that cost a hell of a lot more than Darwinia. Stop whining about the f***ing cost. No one here cares.
xander

Exactly.
I still don't understand the part with zloties. Like, £20 is about 860 Czech crowns, so what? It's still the same price. As a part time university teacher and a PhD student I earn £280 a month (which in turn actually matters), yet I bought not only Uplink and Darwinia, but also many other games I wanted to play. True, I can't buy ten games a month, but then, I can't play ten games a month, so who cares.

Return to “General”