Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Kajotex
level3
level3

Another Translation

Postby Kajotex » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:51 pm

I will start doing a translation to german soon..... just to mention :P
If possible, try to avoid reading above material.
It contains around 46% of idiocity and 72% of unlogical stuff.
Dr4goN
level3
level3

Postby Dr4goN » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:00 am

Sorry man. Too late! Starfyre(my greetz fly to him) has already completed the German translation - you can find it at DarwiniaWarfront
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:45 am

Meh... I have not seen Starfyre around for a bit -- it seems that he may have become rather busy with life. I do not think that the German translation is complete yet, and I have never seen it posted anywhere, so if you can't get ahold of him, good luck with the translation.

xander
Kajotex
level3
level3

Postby Kajotex » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:06 pm

I finished the first part of the file, which is all to the "Tutorial" Part!

Just in case somebody cares ;)

oh a well is it possible to get a reference into the game that the translation is by whatsoever?
If possible, try to avoid reading above material.

It contains around 46% of idiocity and 72% of unlogical stuff.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:34 pm

Just add 'Translation done by: Kajotex' to one of the strings somewhere in the text file. Maybe the intro. Or maybe make your translation filename 'germanbykajotex.txt'.
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:42 pm

Heya Kajotex! Nice to hear someone's working on the German version as well. I have the majority of the instruction strings already translated and am currently working away on the campaign strings, bit by bit (with the first two missions being complete already).

If you're interested, we can do this as a team and thus finish the job faster. Drop me a PM or Email and I'd be glad to work together with you :D

The Darwinia Warfront site is down due to a server change, but will be up soon again as a platform for the translation (it was getting too out-of-date to qualify as a general fansite though).

By the way, you can add commentary (such as the translation version and author information) into the file by starting a line with the # symbol.
nihilisthetics
level1
level1

Postby nihilisthetics » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:12 pm

Ive got a fansite that contains one or two tutorials for modding Darwinia. Ive actually had a couple of people emailing me and asking about how to do a translation. I dont know how, but if any of the people who have done their own translation and/or added language-specific characters could write a short tutorial on how to do that, I would love to put it up on my site.

N

http://www.nihilesthetics.info/darwinia-modding.htm
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:27 pm

nihilisthetics wrote:Ive got a fansite that contains one or two tutorials for modding Darwinia. Ive actually had a couple of people emailing me and asking about how to do a translation. I dont know how, but if any of the people who have done their own translation and/or added language-specific characters could write a short tutorial on how to do that, I would love to put it up on my site.

N

I wrote up a quick one:
http://darwinia.dragoncast.de/translate_tutorial.html

I tried sticking to the formatting you use on the site, and it's pretty basic but should be enough to get people started :D

Cheers!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:02 pm

Starfyre wrote:
nihilisthetics wrote:Ive got a fansite that contains one or two tutorials for modding Darwinia. Ive actually had a couple of people emailing me and asking about how to do a translation. I dont know how, but if any of the people who have done their own translation and/or added language-specific characters could write a short tutorial on how to do that, I would love to put it up on my site.

N

I wrote up a quick one:
http://darwinia.dragoncast.de/translate_tutorial.html

I tried sticking to the formatting you use on the site, and it's pretty basic but should be enough to get people started :D

Cheers!

One tiny quibble. You claim that strings can be as long as you wish. This is, in fact, not true. I believe that they are capped at 65535 characters. ^_^

Great guide, by the way. It should provide a useful link for those that keep asking.

xander
nihilisthetics
level1
level1

Postby nihilisthetics » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:05 pm

Fantastic. Thanks Starfyre :)

Ive put a link up on the site.

N
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:12 pm

nihilisthetics wrote:Fantastic. Thanks Starfyre :)

Ive put a link up on the site.

N

No problem! I used your background tile thingie so it looks a bit more conform with the rest of the page, if that's fine with you. Thanks for linking! :D
nihilisthetics
level1
level1

Postby nihilisthetics » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:20 pm

Well, I pinched the background tile from the game anyway, but dont tell anyone ;)

Return to “Mod Projects”