crash in biosphere

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

odinswolf
level0

crash in biosphere

Postby odinswolf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:20 pm

I get a really annoying crash on this mission, it stops the game with a "report fault to microsoft send/dont send" message. when i restart darwinia, i have been put back to 30-40 minutes before the crash and have to re fight the islands again (i still have 1 and a small force on another.
i have lowered the sound quality as suggested in another post but it still happens..

i am using the up to date catalyst drivers (radeon 9800 pro)
soundblaster live 5.1
p4 3 ghz
1 gig pc3200 ddr

i sometimes get the same thing with a sound loop for a few seconds before a crash in other games (rare) any help?
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:08 am

Make sure all your drivers and software is up to date. If you could post the contents of the Windows error message, and a blackbox file if generated, that would be helpful.
Jackmn
level5
level5

Postby Jackmn » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:21 am

Also, to save your progress, leave the level every now and then.
colinp_uk
level0

Postby colinp_uk » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:17 am

Hi,

I had the same error in Receiver (I think). Could play for a few minutes then crash to desktop. Had no problems before then.

I turned off AVG virus checker and not had a crash since. Might just be a coincidence but worth turning of any virus checkers.

Hope that helps!
Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:40 am

colinp_uk wrote:Might just be a coincidence but worth turning of any virus checkers.

Heh, how ironic, you turn off any antivirus to play with a game whose main objective is to obliterate viruses. =)
Skippy
level0

Postby Skippy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:58 am

I've had a few crashes on biosphere as well. Just on this map. I think its an issue with too many darwinians fighting in a group while I watch. I had officers on one island order all darwinians into the radar. Once they are off the island they dont count towards the population of the island and more spawn. So I had an infinite number of troops going onto the enemy island and it crashed the program. Wasn't such a smart idea anyway. Should stop sending them after awhile.
InfinityX
level1
level1

Postby InfinityX » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:22 am

Have you tried disabling real-time sound? Biosphere crashed loads for me (reds tossing grenades etc.), changing that setting fixed it :)

Return to “Windows Issues”