The Party in review, with pictures and movies.

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Rkiver
level5
level5

The Party in review, with pictures and movies.

Postby Rkiver » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:51 am

Well the party was bloody excellent. Myself and NeoThermic arrived just after 6, and decided to go in, so we did, and spent the better part of 2 hours covering the place in Darwinia stuff. The photos that will be posted will give you all a better idea.

It was nice to finally meet those whom I have been talking to online for quite a while, and despite peoples claims they would be all shy, they got over it quickly when they realised we are all geeks anyway, some of us just have social skills too. Last night some people finally came out of their shells, and I can see a lot more gatherings occuring in the near future.

Chris, Tom, Mark, John, Andy,aka Introversion Software are one great buch of blokes, good sense of humour, and people I will definately be meeting in the future again. They were a little frightened by the level of hero worship that went on by some, but most of us just treated them like we do online, as a person, not some mythical gods, so they at least appeared to be having a blast.

The shirt that was designed by NeoThermic went down a storm, and the amount of stuff signed by IV last night was great. Iris we put in a request, the whole IV team will be signing a shirt and posting it to you. NeoThermic is to go down and organise it.

Also on a private, and evil vindicitive note, the whole IV team think Darwin00uk is a bit of an idiot for not getting the blatently obvious that he has been told multiple times, that is a direct quote by the way. NeoThermic, Icepick, Deepsmeg, Nitronium, Dave2, The GoldFish, elDiablo, Cold Fusion, LLammaboy, and pretty much every other beta tester, and even Chris' otherhalf, and Dr Sepulvade, aka Peter.

Also the Deepsmeg vs Icepick lightsaber/mop duel was caught on video, and is brilliant. Even Chris go photos of it.
Last edited by Rkiver on Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Tom
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Tom » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:00 pm

I have a hangover!
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:03 pm

I'd say most who attended do today. It was one excellent evening. Thanks for having us over.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:04 pm

tom wrote:I have a hangover!

You and just about everyone who went as well. :lol:

NeoThermic
Iris
level5
level5

Re: The Party in review, pictures to follow later on.

Postby Iris » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:07 pm

Rkiver wrote:Well the party was bloody excellent. Myself and NeoThermic arrived just after 6, and decided to go in, so we did, and spent the better part of 2 hours covering the place in Darwinia stuff. The photos that will be posted will give you all a better idea.

It was nice to finally meet those whom I have been talking to online for quite a while, and despite peoples claims they would be all shy, they got over it quickly when they realised we are all geeks anyway, some of just have social skills too. Last night some people finally came out of their shells, and I can see a lot more gatherings occuring in the near future.

Chris, Tom, Mark, John, Andy,aka Introversion Software are one great buch of blokes, good sense of humour, and people I will definately be meeting in the future again. They were a little frightened by the level of hero worship that went on by some, but most of us just treated them like we do online, as a person, not some mythical gods, so they at least appeared to be having a blast.

Nice write-up, Rkiver, wish I was there! ^_^

The shirt that was designed by NeoThermic went down a storm, and the amount of stuff signed by IV last night was great. Iris we put in a request, the whole IV team will be signing a shirt and posting it to you. NeoThermic is to go down and organise it.

THANKS A BUNCH, you guys!!! Once I receive it I'll post a photo with me wearing it for everyone to see! ^_^
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:19 pm

Ok, time for the picture review from the ones I've taken. I took more video's than pictures, so here's a list of the best.

(Note: All images are thumbnails, click for larger if required)

First to the party was both me and Rkiver, so we help set up The Wall (TM)

There's about 600 postcards there, and under normal light, it looks class... but lets remove the flash...:

Looks like something out of Blair Witch Project, or as I managed to call it after a few shots of absinthe, Darwiniaproject... (don't ask).

Next is Mark finishing a speach:

Then John has a go at taking a picture, and snaps a familiar face:

(see 2265 for his first attempt, hehe )

This is a pic of all of us who went from the forums, with Icepick taking the picture.

From left to right: Dave2, LLamaboy, NeoThermic, Rkiver, The_Goldfish, and Deepsmeg.

Finally, we gave Chris a lightsaber. His eyes light up with familiararity, which scared us alot:

I'll post the movie list when I get them sorted.

NeoThermic
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:23 pm

*Is envious*

Sounds like a good night *Wishes he had been there* Oh well, maybe after the next game :P

EDIT: Oh and nice to see you were drinking decent lager. Go stella!
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:46 pm

MOVIE REVIEW!!

(All movies are MOV files. Click images to watch)

Andy Dancing:

Tom dancing with a mop.. (yes, a mop. Just watch it, don't ask)

Mark also getting down and dancing, even after he spots me filming:

This is it. The ulitmate fight between Icepick with a mop (the same one Tom was dancing with) and Deepsmeg with a lightsaber. Watch at your peril!

Enjoy!

NeoThermic
Katana Steel
level2
level2

Postby Katana Steel » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:57 pm

woo, seems you guys had a great party

I wish I had a passport so that I could've joined you
-- as life grows older, I gain experience
Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:33 pm

Rkiver said...

"Also on a private, and evil vindicitive note, the whole IV team think Darwin00uk is a bit of an idiot for not getting the blatently obvious that he has been told multiple times, that is a direct quote by the way. NeoThermic, Icepick, Deepsmeg, Nitronium, Dave2, The GoldFish, elDiablo, Cold Fusion, LLammaboy, and pretty much every other beta tester, and even Chris' otherhalf, and Dr Sepulvade, aka Peter. "

I've re read this a few times and although I am deeply touched you've all taken time to discuss my oppinions,I dont understand what this paragraph means?

Especially this bit

"...not getting the blatently obvious that he has been told multiple times.."

and this bit..

"...Darwin00uk is a bit of an idiot.."

well thats just................funny. :lol:
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:45 pm

Those pictures make me laugh...looks like the ultimate geek party!
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:00 pm

I was there too =( It was fun!
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:59 pm

ENVY!

Looks like you all had a great time. And, just to be sure that it has been said enough (which may not be possible), congrats on a great game. You guys deserve to party into the wee hours of the night.

xander
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:01 pm

NeoThermic wrote:This is a pic of all of us who went from the forums, with Icepick taking the picture.

From left to right: Dave2, LLamaboy, NeoThermic, Rkiver, The_Goldfish, and Deepsmeg.

And what about me and Cold_Fusion, and Nit.? :P EH?!
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:03 pm

It was awesome!
Ive got a bunch of pics on my phone, I'll have to get a cable or something to transfer them off.

Also, I dont have a hangover! Ha!

Edit: Oh yeah, and I won that mop/lightsaber battle, NeoThermic just stopped recording before the end :P

Return to “General”