[Mac/Phase 2/Beta2b] Zoom bug, revisited

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

Miah
level5
level5

[Mac/Phase 2/Beta2b] Zoom bug, revisited

Postby Miah » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:24 pm

Remember the topic about the low-fps bug (only different)?

Well, I just made the bug reliable.

It’s rather simple, actually, and it has nothing to do with the low-FPS. Instead, it has to do with what happens when the camera crashes into the hill. I’ve managed to replicate this several times now, so I would like others just to try it as well. What happens is after crashing into the hill, the camera appears to reset it’s co-ordinates. Not to the starting position, but instead way outside the island.

Because of the higher FPS, I found that I could move back into the island and function as before. However, a few times that I did this, the yellow arrows showing where my selected squad was showed, but none of the island did. Just blackness with the arrows.

This bug is easier to do if you’re looking at a 45 degree angle at the hill. Don’t hit 'z,' as that doesn’t always do the trick. Just zoom in normally using the key scheme. If you ram the hill fast enough, you go through. Then the bug comes.
rob_quill
level1
level1

Postby rob_quill » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:32 pm

I've not had the camera go all that way back, but I have seen it jump a good distance back from a hill when I ran nito the side of it. Maybe the camera collision detection is treated in the same way as the way units collision detection works with buildings, in that they kinda jump to the side when the run into it.

Rob

Return to “Windows Issues”