Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

Andcarne
level4
level4

[Phase 2] Zoom in, but can't zoom out

Postby Andcarne » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:55 am

The subject pretty much says it.

If I use the middle mouse button to zoom in, it stays zoomed in, and hitting the middle mouse button again, or pressing z does not change anything. It seems the only way to un-zoom it is to quit and re-open.

Strangely enough, after I've quit it while it's been doing this, the dock does not respond properly. Mousing over any icons does not make them magnify like usual, unless I click the mouse or drag a window or anything, which causes it to respond until the mouse is let up again.

This seems to persist until the finder is re-launched. Very strange, but it only seems to happen after I've quit Darwinia after the zoom problem has occurred.

Along with this, one time I exited out to find a process labelled (null) taking up 165% (Two processors, so the percentage looks weird) of my CPU speed. This could be force quit, but I'm not sure what it is, and if Darwinia caused it or if it was just a coincidence.

I'm also happy to report that the framerate on the first level is much improved over the Mine level in stage1, but on the second level, the framerate again drops like a rock. Is there a specific option in the prefs that would make a big difference framerate-wise? And is there any chance that the trees are what is causing my slowdown? It seems that levels with trees are very slow, and ones without are fine. Any chance there could be an option either to disable the trees, or at least decrease their quality?

One other strange mac-related thing I've noticed is that somehow a file called "blah.txt" got created inside the app Package. It looked identical to the prefs file, except the Server Address line read 127.00 instead of 127.0.0.1. I'm quite positive I did not create this myself, and it seemed to happen after I changed prefs settings. Also, there are two ControlMouseButtons lines in the prefs file. One at the beginning and one at the end. :wink:

One final thing is that when the ControlMouseButton option is in 1 button mode, the middle mouse button still works for zoom (but only zoom in, as above). If it's possible to make the middle mouse button work all the time, can't the same be done for the right mouse button, therefore removing the need to change the option?

Return to “Mac Issues”