Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Unit13
level1
level1

Word War Multiwinia

Postby Unit13 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:52 am

Its me again with my bag of ideas. :o
Anyway, Darwinia I think has a really great world. Why not make that into a Multiwinia. Let me explain, you control part of the globe while 3 other players have other parts. Some contain Furturinians, Evilinians, and the virus. Its then a gaint biziker map. Then when you click on a location and order you army to your enemy territory, which they follow a line to get there, when that happens a type of map comes up. An example is KOTH, Rocket, Assualt, etc. This is only somthing i would like to see in THE FUTURE!

Edit: Simple Example: a game of RISK but you control the battles.
Last edited by Unit13 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:24 pm

Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:38 pm

I gonna bump this thread until it's deleted :twisted:. Go play the game first and then you'll see the fun part and how you might exploit this in a mod, thank you jelco for this very brief but excellent summary. So I take you like risk and you like to fight virrii evil ones and futures ones, but what is the fun of fighting virrii? you either make it or not, probably you do tho, they have no BRAIN!! Same counts for evil and future ones, they may have the same fighting approach like your own multiwinia's but after you played some more, you'll notice they are quite dumb!

What might be a fun idea tho is blitz and for example koth in one map, this way you can schoose for wich winning condition you'll go. Seriously :lol: one more thread about a map with evil- future- and virrii and I throw you out of my club!!!!!

And this is also the right time for me to claim my victory in the discussion of hardcore mode! Yes you fools all saying it was not the point of mw, well if you wanna win you have to play it like that and some extra hardcore features would be nice, I know I have a phsyhic vision ladies and gentleman, so I can also tell that one of these two things will happen :).

A) This thread is ignored, in wich case I assume you all agree with me
B) there is coming a complementary name after "arrogant twat"
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:16 pm

Cyan, the idea involved a multiplayer game, not simply fighting against AI; fighting against AI and humans at once as proposed can serve to spice things up, as demonstrated in normal games. I think a campaign mode is very clearly distinct from a series of isolated games, given the way matches affect each other, but I can promise it's never going to happen.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:29 pm

WEll maybe Al but what will porbably happen is you go both for each other spawns and leave the AI, then when you get enough majority you just kill the AI, Otherwise what is the point of fighting al and then the other guy runs a way with the spawn when you're done :lol: But let's not discuss further, as you said it'll never happen, Tho I wonder if anything is going to happen, maybe they are just to busy witht these two other projects.
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:33 pm

I was hoping this would be some proposal for an exciting Multiwinia word game, to be played with boring relatives over the Christmas break between rounds of Pictionary and Scrabble. Ideas please?
Unit13
level1
level1

Postby Unit13 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:17 pm

jelco wrote:I'll translate it for you: a campaign mode. In other words: just a series of regular matches. ;)

Jelco

No, I think its means: "Head Exploding with too much great information. I can't belive I didn't think of it first"
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:36 pm

Unit13 wrote:
jelco wrote:I'll translate it for you: a campaign mode. In other words: just a series of regular matches. ;)

Jelco

No, I think its means: "Head Exploding with too much great information. I can't belive I didn't think of it first"

He lies.
Unit13
level1
level1

Postby Unit13 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:41 am

Major Cooke wrote:
Unit13 wrote:

Jelco

He lies.

Who lies? Pronouns aren't extactly a good place to put in this sentence, I don't know who your talking about.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:51 pm

*Pinky lies dead on the floor, sans head. He ponders coming back as a zombie and DEVOURING ALL THE STUPID IN THIS THREAD.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Pinky wrote:*Pinky lies dead on the floor, sans head. He ponders coming back as a zombie and DEVOURING ALL THE STUPID IN THIS THREAD.

Precisely.

Oh and if you want multiwinians to swear at one another, replace the sounds with new sounds that yell phrases instead. I did that, and they scream cuss words at each other now. =P
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Major Cooke wrote:If you want multiwinians to swear at one another, replace the sounds with new sounds that yell phrases instead. I did that, and they scream cuss words at each other now. =P
SHUT UP! Oh sorry, I was trying to put my pants back on *guffaw*
Last edited by NeatNit on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killjoy
level1
level1

Postby Killjoy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:17 pm

NeatNit wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:If you want multiwinians to swear at one another, replace the sounds with new sounds that yell phrases instead. I did that, and they scream cuss words at each other now. =P
JERK!

Its his game to do what he likes, if he wants to make them swear, let him have his fun.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:46 pm

Can't a guy try to imitate a Multiwinian around here?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Mrrol?

Return to “The Future”