Fiction Idea: Who are the Futurewinians?

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Aegis Tyra
level1
level1

Postby Aegis Tyra » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:39 pm

The Futurewinians may be trying to end war, but they still have that code flaw present in the original DWGs that caused them to become the Multiwinians. Order v Chaos works well as an analogy, because though the FWGs intentions are honourable, and entirely worthy, they have no way to carry them out - and so, in many ways, despite their futurist technology, they are identical to the Multiwinians, and have to resort to the same means. Convert... or die.
stonberg
level1
level1

Postby stonberg » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:36 pm

I think they are Multiwinians...FROM THE FUTURE!! :shock: :D
fredthedeadhead
level1
level1

Postby fredthedeadhead » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:30 pm

Idea: The military took over the original Darwinia project (research into warfare or something blah blah), thus "The Endless War", and the Doctor is trying to save the poor DWs through invading with FWs.

Obviously not the true background, but just a thought..
Aegis Tyra
level1
level1

Postby Aegis Tyra » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:49 pm

I think if the military had taken over the Darwinians, things would be much more rigorously chain-of-command than they are.
The U.S. Army wouldn't settle for "mob" or "formation".
Donat
level1
level1

Postby Donat » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Plus, they wouldn't run wargames against the other darwinians, they would probly send a group of them off to a russian computer some where to reek havoc! buaha. just kidding.
Aegis Tyra
level1
level1

Postby Aegis Tyra » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:22 pm

You say just kidding, but that is probably what would happen. Darwinia would become a breeding ground for an intelligent AI virus that teh US could use to destroy computer networks anywhere in the world.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:31 pm

The futurewinians managed to accomplish 2 things.
UFOs, Round spaceships that can shoot down a beam that sucks up any Darwinian it can, but much more important - flashlights. Their shots seem scary, which is why everyone fights back, but they are simple flashlights. Any Multiwinian lucky enough to grab one of those will instantly understand that it's better to be a well lit white guy than a primitive lightless colorful guy.
JigsWithoutWoodstock
level2
level2

Postby JigsWithoutWoodstock » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:46 pm

The Futurwinians are the Borg of Darwinia.
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
aldaris
level1
level1

Postby aldaris » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:32 pm

JigsWithoutWoodstock wrote:The Futurwinians are the Borg of Darwinia.

Either that or the rocket theory.
And that would mean that any rocket launched between darwinia and the unending war, and those in rocket riot, will all encounter FWGs once in space, and will be converted.
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:46 pm

Several hundred thousand generations after the present War between the Multiwinians, the differences of each faction are forgotten; every Darwinian inherited aspects of their foes' experience from the Soul Repository, uniting the populace of the digital world once more.

This new evolutionary choice of the Darwinians chooses to focus on improving and recovering their environment. The War had great impact on almost every part of Darwinia, destroying industry and nature in equal measure. They start rebuilding. At first by hand, until they can construct the required machinery to ferry materials to all the affected zones.

Before long, the Darwinians construct an infrastructure parallel to, and soon, even surpassing the past system in efficiency, imagination and sophistication. This new breed of Darwinian focuses more on scientific progress. They design and construct great devices that can transport massive quantities huge distances, communication systems that instantly relay information to any number of recipients, digital genetics that can rapidly alter the target's soul pattern, improving or suppressing specific strands of their dDNA.

Through all the research and experimentation, the curious scientists stumble upon the quantum resonance field that is the basis of their entire existence. After so much hard work, and many, many sacrifices, the Darwinians find the key to manipulating the Dynamic, as they named the field. They can now, at will, open gateways to a specific point in the timeline of Darwinia.

A decision is made; several ships will return to the time of War. They will take groups of fighting Multiwinians whos' souls had been recorded as Lost, and take them back to their time for safety. Additionally, volunteer soldiers will be sent down to convert any other Multiwinians in the field to prevent excessive suffering.

The End!
MrBrown
level1
level1

Postby MrBrown » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:22 pm

I really like this thread! :)
Keep it going... it's really awesome how the Darwinia universe inspires people.
evotech
level1
level1

Postby evotech » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:15 pm

Its obviously those that got to space in the rocket races
Ripfang
level1
level1

Postby Ripfang » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:51 pm

I have on major question on this topic that has been bothering me for awhile now... The souls, they actually ARE the protologic computers arent they? One soul to represent each computer.. So I never understood how they could actually LEAVE the network at all. Maybe access the internet... but never leave the network right? I mean the computers themselves never moved from the warehouse where the network is. So if somehow one of the darwinians on the rocket dies (gets old, or something online attacks them or whatever)... the soul would still end up in the Repository wouldn't it? The computers are still hooked up aren't they?
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:05 pm

I'm not sure each Soul is a computer, actually. I never remember this being said.

As for the Darwinians leaving into space, I always assumed that it was in the same vein as the virus entering Darwinia. Executable code turned into living creatures (which the characteristics of the code), so the Darwinians turned into, well, code.

One thing I was wondering, is what if the AWAN-bound Darwinians came in contact with Revelation? ;)
Culex
level1
level1

Postby Culex » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:31 pm

An unsuspecting Uplink agent launched Revelation at the Darwin Research Associates Project Server, in order to destroy the Internet. ARC's plan of destroying the Internet didn't work but the Virus infected some of the Darwinians, fortunately it didn't work as planned.

Suddenly, the infected Darwinians gained inhuman intelligence. However, not all Darwinians got infected. One half of the infected ones worked on a time machine while nobody was watching them, the other modified Revelation, so it can kill Darwinians (We're in the Darwinia Storyline now, where Dr Sepulveda fights the Virus). The Revelation clone was called Disruption internally.

Shortly after the success of the projects, they escaped with their own time machine (Would you want to get killed by your own work?) and escaped to the future. In that time, they were the only living forms on the Darwin Research Associates Project Server. It was way too boring for them and they accidentially landed on the Multiwinia battlefield, allowing chosen Darwinians to come with them before they'll launch Disruption again in order to destroy the Internet and Darwinia, once and for all.

One may ask himself now, why would they want to destroy their own home? Once the Futurewinians noticed that Dr Sepulveda needed help from another person in order to restore Darwinia, they got really disappointed. They always thought, he was a great person and tested him.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”