How to start Map Editor on resources MULTIWINIA?

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

AK4783
level0

Postby AK4783 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:03 am

I well understand principles of creation of cards in DARWINIA.
I know principles of work with files of game (including a three-dimensional format .SHP)
I cannot start the editor of cards with use of resources MULTIWINIA.
It is a problem.
I cannot understand the reason of a mistake on new cards.
I know about absence of the editor.
I am not guilty, that in English one word has many lexical values.

Спасибо за совет:)
Хорошо...
Пишу на одном из родных языков.
На русском!!!
Что по ходу дела не подвластно никому на этом суппа-мега , хм, форуме... ИМХО
Данное сообщение адресуется тому, кто знает Русский язык и любит игру MULTIWINIA.

Моя проблема заключается в следующем:
Я знаю, что есть удачные попытки в запуске редактора Дарвинии под ресурсами Мультивиния.
Я даже знаю примерно каким образом этого можно добиться.
Один минус - любая попытка запустить игру приводит к краху игры...
Я хорошо представляю принципы работы с редактором Дарвиния, но я не могу в нём просмотреть файлы карт Мультивинии.
Крах игры.
Ещё вопрос заключается в шэйп моделировании...
Я работаю в 3ДС МАКСЕ восьмой версии. Использую лицензионный конвертер 3Д файлов.
Вот проблема... После конвертации шэйп-файлов во время игры иногда случается крах игры (загрузка идёт отлично)...
Что Вы сможете сказать по данному вопросу?
Крах игры случается при использовании только динамических объектов (например, Сквадов)
Это основные проблемы...

О себе могу сказать пару слов...
Я занимаюсь моддингом в Дарвинии и Дефконе. Вполне удачно.
Это скорее увлечение для себя и друзей.
Сейчас я перевожу на руский язык Мультивинию.
Готово порядка 45-50 процентов. Перевод сугубо художественный, а не дословный.... :)
Так что пускай ебутся рогом все англоязычные непониматели Великого и Могучего:)
Если кто-нибудь поможет - буду искренне благодарен:)
Выражаю глубокое недовольство теми участниками форума, кто проявил свою нетерпимость и несдержанность по отношению к человеку плохо ориентирующемуся в нюансах английского...
Огромное спасибо тем, кто пытался помочь...
Я согласен с тем, что весь мир крякает продукцию разных контор... Включая и интроверсов...
К сожалению для самих себя, англоязычные посетители никогда не поймут какие мудаки есть у них на форуме...
Никогда не узнают о том, что настанет время и славянская нация устроит всем англо-америкосам тотальный армадеддонопиздрец в духе Дефкона...
Я ещё раз убедился, что инглиш- это тупой и очень ограниченный язык, который достиг своего развития в разговорной форме, но никак не художественной...
Уныние и однообразие...

The GoldFish, THANKS !!!!

Жаль, что на этом форуме не так много таких людей, как ты....

Спасибо тебе, Золотая Рыба.

Всем Удачи.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:34 am

Here's a copy of my email resonce;

Hello,

I begin to understand the question you asked better now. I think I have been talking about the wrong thing in the thread and will try to help you better.

You want to use the preference.txt that darwinia will make when it is run.

The idea of what I was saying is so you do not need any of Darwinia retail files to use editor. If you have Darwinia retail files you do not need to do these things. All this process does is give you fairly normal Darwinia but with no sounds, it does not help you make Multiwinia levels in any special way compared to normal Darwinia. If you had Darwinia to start with you do not need to do it.

Anyway, the problem is sounds.txt from Multiwinia makes Darwinia crash. But, sounds.txt from Darwinia also makes Darwinia crash if you use Multiwinia data files, because Multiwinia does not have the music files for Darwinia in it's data. It also misses several other sounds. Creating an empty file called sounds.txt in \data overides sound.txt in data files, and disables all the sounds and is a quick way to stop it crashing when it can not find the music in Multiwinia data files.

"+ empty txt file called sounds.dat in data\... "
is supposed to be
"+ empty txt file called sounds.txt in data\... "

I made a mistake when I wrote the guide. Thank you for spotting it and I am sorry if it is making it hard for you to understand. This is my fault. I have corrected my post now.

It is a good idea to make a copy of all multiwinia dat files and paste into a new directory. I think that you have done this? I shall try to make the process more clear for you. I know that you understand most of this, but I would like to try and be as clear as I can be so new things make more sense.

1) copy *.dat from Multiwinia to a new folder. You do not have to unpack them, but you can.
2) copy all Darwinia 1.42 files over these files, replacing files as required. Probably this will just be language.dat
3) make new folder called "data" in new folder and create new text file called "sounds.txt" in this. Just leave this file completely empty.
ie

folder/darwinia.exe
folder/data/sounds.txt

4) if you have a translation, install this as you usually would too.

Darwinia should now run! If you want to change the controls though you will have problems because changing controls will make Darwinia crash on start up. If this happens, delete preferences.txt and try again but dont change your controls.

5) After running Darwinia, new file called preferences.txt should be made. Close Darwinia and add the line I quoted into this file. Editor should now be available in Darwinia by pressing F9.

Does this work any better for you?
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:35 am

AK4783, извените, пожалуйста. Я не понимал что вы писал по–англиский, и я думал что вы дурак. Сейчас, я знаю это не правелно. Извените.

Ну, потому–что я очень плохо пишу русский язык, это всё. ;)

кхандр

Heh... my Russian is as bad as his English ;)
AK4783
level0

Postby AK4783 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:57 pm

Ксандер ( xander ), я тебя прекрасно понимаю!

Я них вферштейн и плёх говорит на русскай языка:)))

Но всё становится на свои места...
Сообщение The GoldFish помогло мне во многом разобраться с проблемой краха игры.
Спасибо тебе!
Всем огромное спасибо за помощь...
Я в течении нескольких лет регулярно посещаю данный форум и нахожу для себя много нового и необычного в плане информации по редактированию игр от Интроверсов...
Правда, только вчера зарегистрировался, ибо возникшая проблема заставила это сделать.
Проблема фактическо-практически разрешена:)

Парни, Вы - отличные люди!
Радует тот факт, что нас всех объединяет любовь к играм DARWINIA_MULTIWINIA_UPLINK_DEFCON...
Не смотря на разные языки общения...
Ещё раз спасибо всем откликнувшимся.
Спасибо за внимание и относительное понимание и терпение:)

The GoldFish & Xander, THANKS !!!!
THANKS for the help!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
DARWINIA_MULTIWINIA_UPLINK_DEFCON FOREVER!!!

внизу скрин набросков перевода:)

Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:53 am

Russian, the one language I'll never be able to understand... >.>;

I don't know what's harder, chinese, japanese, or russian.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Major Cooke wrote:Russian, the one language I'll never be able to understand... >.>;

I don't know what's harder, chinese, japanese, or russian.

Russian is actually quite easy. It is very regular and has far less vocabulary than, say, English. The only tricky part is mastering the fact that it is flexive rather than syntactic. Rather than putting words together in a particular order, you use different endings to denote the different roles that words play in a sentence (subject, direct object, &c.). It is not at all difficult.

From what I know of Japanese, it shouldn't be that difficult, either, aside from learning the various forms of written Japanese. Like English, Japanese is syntactic, though I believe that the word order in Japanese is about the opposite of that in English. Go figure. As to Chinese, I would think that would be rather difficult for a native English speaker. Chinese is tonal, meaning that tone is important (if you are tone-deaf, you are probably screwed from the start), and the written language is complicated, to say the least.

Finally, of the three languages, Russian is the one that is most similar to English (being Indo-European, and all that), so I would think it would be the easiest to learn.

xander
Tricycle21
level2
level2

Postby Tricycle21 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:08 pm

LONG LIVE UNICODE!!!!
ImageImage
hehe, unicode enabled me to make full-Japanese mod, which consists of not only katakana, but also hiragana and kanji.
The mod itself is pretty far from completion so far, however :lol:

Return to “Mods and Maps”