Fiction Idea: Who are the Futurewinians?

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

PegasusJF
level1
level1

Fiction Idea: Who are the Futurewinians?

Postby PegasusJF » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:07 am

Unlock your imagination and give us your ideas.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:42 am

I imagine that they were sent back to kill Sarah Connor.
PegasusJF
level1
level1

Postby PegasusJF » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:08 am

Feud wrote:I imagine that they were sent back to kill Sarah Connor.

The color is a match. I'll grant you that.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:49 pm

Ever played Demo2? My bet is that it's those fellas.
Aegis Tyra
level1
level1

Postby Aegis Tyra » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:40 pm

THe Futurewinians are the ultimate evolution of those few Darwinians who survived the launching of the first Rocket.
As they traversed the internet, browsing endlessly, theey learnt. They saw images of UFOs, and built their own. They saw 50's alien B-Movies, and addeed the abuctor ray.
Then, they saw what had happened to their brethren on Darwinia - the Split, and the Unending War.
They have returned, and are abducting MWGs in order to try and find the code in their soul that makes them so warlike - and if possible, to end the Endless War, by making all MWGs into FWGs, and destroying all those who cling to conflict.
Hawkb
level0

Postby Hawkb » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:59 pm

I believe they are a newer project of the doctor, but evolved much faster than the original Darwinians. After some time, they also discovered how to traverse to the older, Darwinian project and now they try to take it for themselves. :shock:
Donat
level1
level1

Postby Donat » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:37 pm

The doctor realized that after the "Great War" He should perhaps start backing up his research so he doesn't loose it all, so when the MWs tribes started fighting he did just that.

When they go to the "futurewinian" stage and were unified, they set their sights onto building space ships and going out to spread over the internet and take over servers. Attempting to save the world from such horror, the doctor reset Darwinina back to what it is now, but to his horror some of the futurewinian's ships had taken off, and noticed that darwinia was back to a greater population, with its resources replenished.

Actually I like the suggestion that their the first wave of darwinians that went into space to explore, and stumbled apon the vast resources of the internet and came back to bring it all to them. Forcefully.
lorant
level1
level1

Postby lorant » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:48 pm

I really like the idea of Aegis Tyra, that the futurewinians are some kind of "force of the good". That fit nicely with their behavior (i.e., the subversion gun). Also, with the evilinians as "force of evil", this give a nice manichaean touch to MW world. Especially since the player is neither good nor bad.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:02 pm

I also like Aegis Tyra's idea. It seems to fit really well. :)
Donat
level1
level1

Postby Donat » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:18 pm

I don't like it that much. I don't see forcefully converting your old home world to conform to your side of things as 'peaceful' or 'good'
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Perhaps 'Order' vs 'Chaos' works better, then?
Nimbus
level2
level2

Postby Nimbus » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:46 pm

They stole the idea from agent smith! Or.... They ARE agent smith!
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:56 pm

I belived the Futurewinians were also descendants from the rocket, but I don't think they took any particular inspiration from what they knew on the intenet. Instead, the very nature of the internet might have changed the coding of the Darwinians themselves (Since obviously the data would be rendered on something other than Supulveda's protologic network).

So while the intenet gave the Futurewinians greater exposure to manipulating their world/objects of their world, they lost their compassion and disconnected from Sepulveda's original plan. Obviously without being reincarnated by the Pattern Buffer, the Futurewinians had to make due and successive generations were less and less like their forebears. Eventually they returned to Darwinia- their home- and decided that every Darwinian on that world must be 'improved' like them.

The last memories these futurewinians had of Darwinia was when the launch site was attacked by red viral Darwinians. Seeing so many 'strands' of Multiwinians now populating the world, the Futurewinians can't communicate their intentions to their digital relatives because, in their perception, they are no different from the virus. If anyone? The Futurewinians might be a little more open to the Shamans... though Shaman understanding of world construction might conflict with the Futurewinian's goals of supremacy of knowledge.
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:35 pm

Actually, when the game first came out I figured that Aegis Tyra's idea was the only way to go. I mean, futurwinians aren't trying to kill anyone. I thought that made it fairly obvious they where the "Good Guys" trying to stop the war somehow.
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:47 pm

FUTUREWININAN / SEPULVEDA SLASH FICTION.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”