Statistics required

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

MIB2
level0

Statistics required

Postby MIB2 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:26 am

Basicaly, its aweful that you can't see how many multiwnians did you kill and on which maps have you won. People need stats, not just post-game, it makes achievements frustrating
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:20 am

I partially agree. For the "Explorer" and "Master of Multiwinia" achievements, you need to play/win on every map, and it is not really clear what counts as playing or winning a map (multiplayer? singleplayer against hard AI? Is it OK if your opponents quit?). It would be useful if the map selection would show you where the game thinks you already won/played.

That said, is it even possible to gain these two achievements? I can't see where your partial accomplishments are stored, and I kept extensive notes and I'm pretty sure I already played on every map against real humans who stayed to the end, but don't have the Explorer achievement yet.

Same goes for the kill count, of course. But while the played/won stats help you plan what you do next, to get the Genocide achievement, you just have to play (preferably defend on Assault), so apart from showing you how far you got, there's no benefit.
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

This is interesting for the Explorer and Master of Multiwinia achievements. I shall see what I can do, but be warned it will be in my spare time now! So, tomorrow!
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
MIB2
level0

Postby MIB2 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:11 pm

And for Genocide? it is realy important to see achievement progress, makes you feel that its achievable
Aegis Tyra
level1
level1

Postby Aegis Tyra » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:57 pm

I wish achievements could be extended to those without Steam, as well.
I pre-ordered, but the fact only Steam players get achievements feels almost like I'm being punished for not helping Valve take over the world, and get enough money to launch a rocket shaped like Gordon Freeman's head to establish their secret moon-base.
NukeLord
level4
level4

Postby NukeLord » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:10 pm

Aegis Tyra wrote:I wish achievements could be extended to those without Steam, as well.
I pre-ordered, but the fact only Steam players get achievements feels almost like I'm being punished for not helping Valve take over the world, and get enough money to launch a rocket shaped like Gordon Freeman's head to establish their secret moon-base.
Email me a screenshot of you completing one of the achievement objectives and I'll email you back a little badge saying "well done, you can play the game!". I don't really see why everyone is so hung up about not getting achievements in the non-steam version.

(I do agree with the OP though)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:18 pm

NukeLord wrote:
Aegis Tyra wrote:I wish achievements could be extended to those without Steam, as well.
Email me a screenshot of you completing one of the achievement objectives and I'll email you back a little badge saying "well done, you can play the game!". I don't really see why everyone is so hung up about not getting achievements in the non-steam version.

(I do agree with the OP though)
By that merit, why have achievements in the Steam version?
NukeLord
level4
level4

Postby NukeLord » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:28 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:By that merit, why have achievements in the Steam version?
Show me where I said having the achievements on Steam was any better :P
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:13 pm

A simple "The fuck should I know?" would have sufficed.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:02 am

Achievements are more like sending someone a badge with a message saying "Congratulations! You managed to achieve this inane objective at the expense of your teammates' hopes of a victory! Nice going, dicknose!".

Well, in a team game with Valve designing the achievements, anyway. :P
IronWill
level1
level1

Postby IronWill » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:57 am

I do not really understand why you care about Steam achievements : they are not really a part of the game... Moreover you can find some tools on Internet who may unlock any Steam achievement.

If you want achievements in Multiwinia, ask for real ones !

And back to the topic : yes we need in-game stats !!
MIB2
level0

Postby MIB2 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:58 pm

IronWill wrote:I do not really understand why you care about Steam achievements : they are not really a part of the game... Moreover you can find some tools on Internet who may unlock any Steam achievement.

If you want achievements in Multiwinia, ask for real ones !

And back to the topic : yes we need in-game stats !!

First off - tools? show me at least 1, never even heard.
Second - Real ones? what do you mean by that?
third - yes they are a part of game, if they werent, they would probably woudnt be there
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:03 pm

No, they're not a part of the game, really - they don't contribute anything to the gameplay whatsoever. Also, they're only present in the Steam version, so they're clearly just there becase they can be.
immortalnights
level1
level1

Postby immortalnights » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:51 pm

Assuming of course that not all the Steam Achievements are based around multiplayer (as assumption I have to make, since I don't have them). The in my opinion the achievements add value to the Single player game; which, as it stands is nothing more then a simple and ineffective "practice mode". Yes, I know multiwinia is based on multiplayer, but it would be nice to know how fast/well I perform on the maps single player for my own person achievement when I am not interested/unable to play it multiplayer.

Steam achievements add something, their value of course depends on those that have them. Those like me that pre-ordered and got a nice tin, miss out on them and as tiny as they may be, its still something I don't have. I am sure you can understand the need to have something you can't :P

Return to “The Future”