The phantom gamemode

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Miktor
level1
level1

The phantom gamemode

Postby Miktor » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:32 pm

Yes, completely ripped from the supreme commander mod i got this idea.

Everybody starts off with two turrets and one airstrike. You place forces so they can defend your spawnpoints. After four minutes, everybody gets to choose how many phantoms they want. Then at five minutes, a/some random person/s becomes phantom. Then the phantoms target is to kill all the normal players. The phantom get's two extra powerups each minute (more or less something like two). Then it's up to the normal players to guess who's the phantom, and when they got a suspect, they can break their alliance with them, and they can fight them. If the normal players take the right choices, and kills the actual phantom they win. If the phantom/s kills all the players, then he/they win.
The point in this is that the players does not actually get told who the phantom is, but has to guess. (which will make innocent players die.)

I really consider a name change, and some other changes, because right now it's a 90% ripoff.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:36 pm

The Wolf Game!
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Nimbus
level2
level2

Postby Nimbus » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:38 pm

Montyphy wrote:The Wolf Game!

Exactly, but, in real-time. This would be interesting to see.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:39 pm

Phantom's a spy!
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:02 pm

I don't see how this would work - as soon as the 'phantom' started using his bonus power-ups, it would become immediately obvious who it is.
Miktor
level1
level1

Postby Miktor » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:00 pm

Icepick wrote:I don't see how this would work - as soon as the 'phantom' started using his bonus power-ups, it would become immediately obvious who it is.

Yeah... He needs a less obvious advantage i know, but i haven't got other ideas. Lower spawn wait? More darwinians at every spawn?
fredthedeadhead
level1
level1

Postby fredthedeadhead » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:56 pm

The phantom could have the ability to create crate drops, but the crates are always bad? So the phantom would drop a crate containing dark forest spawn (or something) onto an enemy spawn.

Return to “The Future”