Packaging and some other rant

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Nimbus
level2
level2

Postby Nimbus » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:15 pm

Holy crap that's a big monitor! What size is that baby?
GpF
level1
level1

W00T!

Postby GpF » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:41 pm

Got my package today!

Red'n Yellow Darwinians and an almost perfect tin (3 little dents I can live with them).

On this occasion I shall name tomorrow Flaturday!

ImageImage

Now where to buy the rest of the colors? :D
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Mine arrived yesterday, saw it today. It has several small dents, but I think I can live with that.

Blue and Green by the way. Maybe I'll get some pictures later.
morte
level0

Postby morte » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:07 pm

Still no sign of mine, too early to contact them? Getting worried. :cry:
OrR
level1
level1

Postby OrR » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:09 am

Seems like hand packaging them takes quite some time as IV has limited manpower. I don't worry about my order yet. (I only worry about getting red & yellow instead of green/blue as I've got a red one already...)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:49 am

Yay! Mine came today!

A couple of small dents in the tin, but nothing major. I'm happy. However, if anyone has a red and yellow DG that they would like to sell me, let me know, and we can work something out (I got blue and green, and would like a complete set). ;)

xander
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:53 pm

Mine arrived today, YAY! A few SMALL dents, but nothing I wouldn't have expected giving I use to haul big loads of US Mail and know how they treat them. Heres some screenies.

And too show the Dents are not bad at all. This was sent to the middle of US.

cde
level2
level2

Postby cde » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:29 pm

I hope that the replacement policy is simple & open, like "send us an empty damaged tin, we send you a perfect one & refund your postage". I can't see people wanting to post back the FWs and weight down the package with more than the damaged part.

Whatever happens, I am surprised at how forgiving people are. Many of these were preorders that didn't arrive anywhere near the release date, and then arrived damaged.

Perhaps everyone will get a follow-up complimentary package with cyan and purple FWs, or some big, black emo Evilinians...?

(Still mine hasn't even arrived yet (preorder 108) so I might yet be one of the lucky ones...)
rainingblood
level1
level1

Postby rainingblood » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:51 pm

cde wrote: emo Evilinians...?

That would be an insult to MW !
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:19 pm

cde wrote:Whatever happens, I am surprised at how forgiving people are. Many of these were preorders that didn't arrive anywhere near the release date, and then arrived damaged.

I'm not that surprised and I think the reasons people are forgiving are threefold...

1. IV haven't done anything like this before and damage to the tins wasn't foreseen.
2. We all know IV, despite producing 4 of the best games out there, are minuscule compared to other companies and even trying something like the LE MW Tin is something to be applauded...it could have gone much more horribly wrong I suspect.
C. It's just a tin. :wink:
Last edited by ynbniar on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:24 pm

cde wrote:Many of these were preorders that didn't arrive anywhere near the release date, and then arrived damaged.

Pre-order: To order to arrange beforehand

The fact that they're pre-orders means nothing other than you ordered early. It says nothing about delivery date or conditions.
That said, we had access to the game three hours early and IV already said they would replace damaged tins. I don't see why you're complaining.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:27 pm

cde wrote:Whatever happens, I am surprised at how forgiving people are. Many of these were preorders that didn't arrive anywhere near the release date, and then arrived damaged.

I'm not speaking for anyone else when I say this, I am more than forgiving with IV for my Tin arriving slightly dented in a few spots. The mail system I won't be so forgiving for. But like I said in my previous post, I've seen how the postal system treats their packages(fragile sticker on it or not), and I'm very surprised it didn't show up with the lil DG's screaming for mercy.
cde wrote:Perhaps everyone will get a follow-up complimentary package with cyan and purple FWs, or some big, black emo Evilinians...?

That would be great! Even if they don't, I hope IV will make another batch of Foamwinias, even maybe some Evil/Futurewinias like you said, for everyone to purchase. (Maybe when they start selling some Multiwinia T-Shirts.)

Giving I have almost everything IV has in the store, I will be hoping there will be more to add to my IV collection in the future.

ALSO the graphics book is great looking, also the postcards are hilarious.
morte
level0

Postby morte » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Xocrates wrote:
cde wrote:Many of these were preorders that didn't arrive anywhere near the release date, and then arrived damaged.

Pre-order: To order to arrange beforehand

The fact that they're pre-orders means nothing other than you ordered early. It says nothing about delivery date or conditions.
That said, we had access to the game three hours early and IV already said they would replace damaged tins. I don't see why you're complaining.

You know, thats cool and all, and I would've agreed. But near two weeks waiting since release for my tin, bent or not, is pushing my patience, considering my money was taken when I clicked the button.
Pre-orders, though correct by your definition, generally dont get paid for (in full) until shipment.
Sticking my head in the lions mouth here, but I'm getting tired of excuses being made for IV.
cde
level2
level2

Postby cde » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:43 pm

morte wrote:near two weeks waiting since release for my tin, bent or not, is pushing my patience, considering my money was taken when I clicked the button [...] I'm getting tired of excuses being made for IV.

Order date: 27 August
Order status: Shipped
Any sign of a tin: No

I'm not bothered by people "making excuses", since IV have been really good about offering to fix this, but I still wish the preorders had been shipped for release day, and in protective cardboard boxes. If someone buys any old junk on eBay it usually arrives well packed and in a couple of days, to protect the seller's reputation - no matter how much I (and the rest of us) enjoy IV's products & support the company, I can't see how that turns into...
Xocrates wrote:I don't see why you're complaining.

Business is business.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:09 pm

So, yeah, I ordered Sam & Max Season 2 DVD on early september, it was shipped on the 11th with the note that it would take 10-14 weeks, although it could take as long as 4-5 weeks.

Since folk complaining they haven't gotten theirs yet have noticedly not even mentioned where they live, I'm seriously wondering about why they are complaining since I'm yet to receive something that was shipped first.

Return to “General”