The credits are missing a name.

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Orange Soda
level2
level2

The credits are missing a name.

Postby Orange Soda » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:47 am

I just looked through the credits and I wasn't under the beta testers section...
:(
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 am

There is a perfectly good reason for this.

If you would refer to the Beta Testing Game Play Discussion sub forum, I believe you will find a a thread that sheds light on your problem.

However, if it means that much to you, you can always edit the main.dat file and add it in. :wink:
Orange Soda
level2
level2

Postby Orange Soda » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:04 am

I just found the thread. I kind of went inactive near the end (and almost never checked the gameplay discussion thread, I was on a bughunt), so I guess this is my punishment.
JigsWithoutWoodstock
level2
level2

Postby JigsWithoutWoodstock » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:11 pm

Feud wrote:There is a perfectly good reason for this.

If you would refer to the Beta Testing Game Play Discussion sub forum, I believe you will find a a thread that sheds light on your problem.

However, if it means that much to you, you can always edit the main.dat file and add it in. :wink:

Actually, most people who did leave their name aren't credited. (Unless you're talking about a different thread here? O_#)
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Yeah, but most people who left their names in the thread didn't really contribute.
film11
level3
level3

Postby film11 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:42 pm

RabidZombie wrote:Yeah, but most people who left their names in the thread didn't really contribute.

I think it was more along the lines of most people didn't read the original post. The cutoff period was a week after the threas was posted. People were still posting in it a few days prior to release date.
aaaaaaaaaahahaha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ahahahaaah ahhhh aaaah.
Dudeinacrate
level1
level1

Postby Dudeinacrate » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:16 pm

To be fair a lot of us were in Group D of beta testers so we could only add our names late. And I contributed a bit, we weren't all freeloading! :lol:

Ah well.
jaysc
level4
level4

Postby jaysc » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:09 pm

I left my name but i don't think i'm added yet. And i helped from the beginning but only ba bit near the middle, but started again right at the end!
Orange Soda
level2
level2

Postby Orange Soda » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:05 pm

I contributed by submitting a few bugs (and confirming a few others). Most of them were pretty small, but I did help IV.

If a developer sees this, and they decide to be nice and add me to the list, my name is Brad "Orange Soda" Jensen.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:40 pm

Well I went through the old list and added the rest of the people who hadn't been added (everyone who had missed the cut off), as long as they had displayed a reasonable level of activity in the beta forums. I also added Orange Soda since he asked, but anyone else who didn't put their name on the list is too late now I'm afraid, no more updates are being made to the credits.
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:08 am

Is Morten the only person to appear in the credits twice? Go Morten! :D

Edit: Except Gary, Chris and John, I guess ;).
Orange Soda
level2
level2

Postby Orange Soda » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:28 am

Icepick wrote:Well I went through the old list and added the rest of the people who hadn't been added (everyone who had missed the cut off), as long as they had displayed a reasonable level of activity in the beta forums. I also added Orange Soda since he asked, but anyone else who didn't put their name on the list is too late now I'm afraid, no more updates are being made to the credits.

Thank you kindly. Good things come to those who ask, eh?
cde
level2
level2

Postby cde » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:31 am

Seems a bit harsh to close it off like that, since beta/pre-release testing of patches will be an ongoing effort, not to mention Linux testing whenever that happens...
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:54 pm

The credits list is meant to honor the testers that helped in production of the game.
Plus, the patch testers are the same people who tested the game, for the most part.

Shwart!!
cde
level2
level2

Postby cde » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:21 pm

Shwart!! wrote:The credits list is meant to honor the testers that helped in production of the game.

And that process is ongoing - some issues have either just been found or persisted since beta phases.

The most proactive testers did a great job, but surely late help is still worthwhile help? You could argue that the patches would be better if quiet beta testers were told "we know you're out there, help us perfect this, and get added to the credits".

Plus, the patch testers are the same people who tested the game, for the most part.

Except for the as-yet untested Linux version, which will likely need some entirely new testers to get the best possible feedback - and therefore should add more testers to the list, no?

Return to “General”