Weirdest crate luck?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Futurewinians
level0

Weirdest crate luck?

Postby Futurewinians » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:35 am

What is the weirdest sequence of crates you've ever had in one game, or a couple of games in a row?

Mine was getting 4 harvesters IN A ROW and right after, 2 engineers.

I seem to be the utility man :o
JigsWithoutWoodstock
level2
level2

Postby JigsWithoutWoodstock » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:18 am

I opened three crates at the same time and they were all bad. ;_#
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Donat
level1
level1

Postby Donat » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:20 am

Don't trust him! he is the futurewinians, come to invade and ask questions about dum luck!

I've had some bad runs of crates but mostly it happens to everyone else! buaha.
film11
level3
level3

Postby film11 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:26 am

All the crates I had on an assault map while attacking were magical forests. That was about until 10 seconds left or so when I got an airstrike :roll:
aaaaaaaaaahahaha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ahahahaaah ahhhh aaaah.
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:14 am

I was playing one game on release- co-op KOTH 2v2 (cant remember map)

I opened up 2 crates got nukes and dark forest and my team mate got airstrikes and ants

it was awesome, we won of course. sometimes ants is a gamebreaker...especially when half your army/turrets and defense is gone and you cant respawn cuz of a burning forest and ants. quite funny too
Tricycle21
level2
level2

Postby Tricycle21 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:30 am

While I was defending in the Dog Green Sector, I got the plague and infection. I won, though :p
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:36 am

When I'd been pushed back to just a small island with two spawns and was defending the radars coming to the island (can't remember the name of the map for the life of me, it's one of the domination ones) I got a dark forest covering half my island, followed by ants in the other half, a plague near the dark forest, an infection near one of the spawns, and a magic forest. I was not impressed ¬¬
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:00 am

Another case against ants:

It was a domination map on the great betrayal or something. I open a box and end up with an anthill. Since I have two more spawnpoints, I decide to grab what crates I can to extinguish this menace.

Despite getting and throwing a missile turret, a flame turret, and a napalm strike against the annoyance, nothing seemed to harm the next. I suspect the rocket turret might have been out of range but not even a glancing blow damaged the closest of the towers. I got the shield powerup, but unless Darwinians with shields could somehow impart harm on the anthills, that was no help.

I just quit the game after Blue CPU surpassed me. It was pretty clear I wasn't going to win with the anthill dragging up most of my attention (and the turrets I placed being more hindrance then help, since they didn't solve the anthill problem.)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:23 am

Hmm, rocket turrets should be able to hurt anthills if you aim them at the base so the rocket explodes there. Aim directly at the nest and the rocket may just fly through. The other powerups would have been better used elsewhere to expand your territory away from the ants.
zkl
level2
level2
Location: (zkl aka bonsai), Doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby zkl » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:10 pm

three ants in a row... against me in a 1v1 :cry:
"tbh I always knew bonsai played like the devious brother of Nicholai Machiavelli!" :mgreen:
mikkelet
level1
level1

Postby mikkelet » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:58 pm

me and another were battle for a crate, he won it and opened a virus xD
IGN: (MW)MeTTeR
Steam name: <[H.I.T]> MeTTeR
got steam? love multiwinia?
join The Winians!
a steam group for all who lovs MW.
search on steam for THE WINIANS !!
Nimbus
level2
level2

Postby Nimbus » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:55 pm

I once had the opposite of this; my opponent got 4 or so ants nests in a row. In rocket riot. I was screwed...
Donat
level1
level1

Postby Donat » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:41 pm

This thread is cursed, i played 2-3 games where i got triffds and infection outbreaks in a row in the game causing me to lose.
Covak
level1
level1

Postby Covak » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:43 pm

One game I opened 5 or 6 crates and every single one of them was Slow Down. And my opponent's first crate was Speed Up! I think he got some more useful ones after that. I remember losing slowly and laughing at each new Slow Down.

If my opponent quits early I sometimes finish off the AI if I'm getting some crates to have some fun with, but one time I got 4 squads in a row (and there wasn't really anything that needed grenading) and then an Engineer. I said something aloud like "You silly game, now I'm quitting, too!"

I've seen lots of good and bad luck, but those were two streaks that stood out.

Return to “General”