Regarding some of the power-ups

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

User avatar
MasterBoo
level1
level1
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Regarding some of the power-ups

Postby MasterBoo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:03 pm

I can't figure entirely what some of the power-ups do:

  • Magical Forest - I know the Dark Forest turns MWGs (BTW, what's the G in MWGs?) into Ghosts, but what the Magical Forest does besides being.. errr. flammable?
  • Rocketwinians - Are these coming out of a power-up or everyone get them after a while? Do all my MWGs get rockets once I get the upgrade?
  • The UFO - Never got one, so I don't know what it does. Someone told me it's like a big Engineer used to collect souls into spawn points. Was he right? :P
  • Futurewininas - Before they spawn, their ship hang around with its beam underneath. Does it cause some sort of an effect? When the FW spawn at that point (and where)?
User avatar
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Posts: 4667
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)
Contact:

Re: Regarding some of the power-ups

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:11 pm

MasterBoo wrote:Magical Forest - I know the Dark Forest turns MWGs (BTW, what's the G in MWGs?) into Ghosts, but what the Magical Forest does besides being.. errr. flammable?
The trees release souls. :)
MasterBoo wrote:Rocketwinians - Are these coming out of a power-up or everyone get them after a while? Do all my MWGs get rockets once I get the upgrade?
Not sure myself, I assume you get a bunch of fresh Multiwinians with rockets.
MasterBoo wrote:The UFO - Never got one, so I don't know what it does. Someone told me it's like a big Engineer used to collect souls into spawn points. Was he right? :P
Yep, he was. :P
MasterBoo wrote:Futurewininas - Before they spawn, their ship hang around with its beam underneath. Does it cause some sort of an effect? When the FW spawn at that point (and where)?
Don't really know. :P
User avatar
MasterBoo
level1
level1
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Re: Regarding some of the power-ups

Postby MasterBoo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:13 pm

shinygerbil wrote:
MasterBoo wrote:Magical Forest - I know the Dark Forest turns MWGs (BTW, what's the G in MWGs?) into Ghosts, but what the Magical Forest does besides being.. errr. flammable?
The trees release souls. :)


But I can't use the souls without an Engineer, right?
hibbs
level2
level2
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:58 am

Postby hibbs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:15 pm

as for the Ufo yes it's a big engineer one that i don't think can be destroyed and you can control it !!! much like MWs.

The Futurewinians are created by sucking up other darwinians or MW's and get put in the UFO. What happens in the ufo STAYS in the ufo, but after a while the ship will stop collecting MWs and go somewhere in the level and "beam them down." one rightafter the other real ufo like. then the ufo leaves and if there's something for them to do, eg. capture spawn, capture score zone in KOTH, etc. they will do it just like any other ai player. but if your in CTS, they'll just stand around as they have no zone to take a statue to. they will fight if you get close though.

Rocketwinians are gotten by a crate. they give rockets to MWs.

as for the magical forest i don know anyone else wanna answer?
User avatar
MasterBoo
level1
level1
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Postby MasterBoo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:16 pm

Wait, are there Darwinians and MWGs? Is there a difference? O_O
hibbs
level2
level2
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:58 am

Postby hibbs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:21 pm

Darwinians = Original MW's From Darwinia THe first game

Multiwinians = The current Darwinians The Multiplayer game
User avatar
MasterBoo
level1
level1
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Postby MasterBoo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:25 pm

Ah, you wrote "darwinians or MW's" so it confused me :)

Just need a clarification on the Rocketwinian upgrade the souls (usable by Engineer only?)

Thanks for the answers so far!
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Re: Regarding some of the power-ups

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:25 pm

MasterBoo wrote:I can't figure entirely what some of the power-ups do:

  • Rocketwinians - Are these coming out of a power-up or everyone get them after a while? Do all my MWGs get rockets once I get the upgrade?


They come from crates. You have to pay attention though as it can be easy to miss it.

MasterBoo wrote:
  • Futurewininas - Before they spawn, their ship hang around with its beam underneath. Does it cause some sort of an effect? When the FW spawn at that point (and where)?


The beam abducts MWs and converts them to FWs. The ship then goes to a random point and beams the FWs down. They have no "spawn point" as such.

NeoThermic
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Re: Regarding some of the power-ups

Postby Feud » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:34 pm

MasterBoo wrote:(BTW, what's the G in MWGs?)


The "G" stands for Guy(s).

Despite the new game, to me they will always be DGs...
User avatar
Nutter
level3
level3
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Postby Nutter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:52 pm

Magical Forest releases souls, if the forest is near a spawn point and you have a UFO or a engineer you can crank out new Multiwinians fast. Someone also posted that virus can spread quickly in magical forests.
- Morten
------------------
RedCell.dk
User avatar
Pox
level5
level5
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Melbourne

Postby Pox » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:59 am

Nutter wrote:Magical Forest releases souls, if the forest is near a spawn point and you have a UFO or a engineer you can crank out new Multiwinians fast. Someone also posted that virus can spread quickly in magical forests.


Is that not just because virii breed using souls? ;)
User avatar
xyzyxx
level5
level5
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:18 am

Pox wrote:
Nutter wrote:Magical Forest releases souls, if the forest is near a spawn point and you have a UFO or a engineer you can crank out new Multiwinians fast. Someone also posted that virus can spread quickly in magical forests.


Is that not just because virii breed using souls? ;)
Right.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests