Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

mikkelet
level1
level1

6 brilliant ideas of Mikkelet! :P

Postby mikkelet » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:58 pm

hi again! :D

Drawable map. Pehabs a map in the corner, which allow the player to draw strategies, which only the team can see.

CTRL+number groups. Quite nice if you have selected your whole army, and then forgot to send out the armor or something. then you can select your army. press CTRL+1. select and move your armor. press 1. Move your army.

rotate formations. At the moment, your can only rotate your formation in cirkel of the officer. would be nice, if your were able to rotate the formation, perhabs by pressing E or R or something like that.

I am not quite sure on this idea.
you know, when you're playing assault, you usually have 15 or 20 minutes and sometims you just need 1 or 2 more minutes to win the game. it sould be nice if the attacking player got a minute everytime he disabled a post with solar panels.

Player avatars.. just an idea :P

reviewable chat. perhabs if you press enter, you can view everything, that has been said in the game.
Last edited by mikkelet on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Re: more ideas

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:24 pm

mikkelet wrote:you know, when you're playing assault, you usually have 15 or 20 minutes and sometims you just need 1 or 2 more minutes to win the game. it sould be nice if the attacking player got a minute everytime he disabled a post with solar panels.
That's an idea. Often, it is pretty much impossible to win an attack if you haven't conquered point A after 5 and point B after 10 minutes, so starting with a shorter time and extending it bit by bit could make the attacker realize he lost earlier.

About drawing on the map: you can abuse the fact that your ally sees your move orders for that. A map in the corner wouldn't work too well, because you can't get your mouse pointer there ;) Drawing directly onto the scenery may work, but is difficult to do both from the technical aspects and for the UI.

Oh, and even though it may appear to be more spammy on first thought, I think it is better to do one well titled thread for each ID. But maybe that's just me.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:04 pm

I agree, it'd be much better to have a 5 minute starting timer with increments as you progress on Assault... after a certain while, you have no chance left, but there's still 10 minutes on the clock... and I feel obligated not to leave.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Re: 6 brilliant ideas of Mikkelet! :P

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:32 pm

mikkelet wrote:CTRL+number groups. Quite nice if you have selected your whole army, and then forgot to send out the armor or something. then you can select your army. press CTRL+1. select and move your armor. press 1. Move your army.

I don't think this one will be happening.

The increasing time one seems cool, though.
rainingblood
level1
level1

Postby rainingblood » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:36 pm

Do you want a kind of sexy voice like in tf2 "time has been added" ? :lol:

And the keyboard shortcut for teams (ctrl+1, etc) would kill the game... MW is mostly based on micros, all with the mouse, which is very immersive imo :)
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:39 pm

rainingblood wrote:Do you want a kind of sexy voice like in tf2 "time has been added" ? :lol:

You mean GlaDOS? (yes, it's the same voice Actress)

Well, Multiwinia already got the companion cube...

rainingblood wrote:And the keyboard shortcut for teams (ctrl+1, etc) would kill the game... MW is mostly based on micros, all with the mouse, which is very immersive imo :)

I think the problem is more along the lines that the teams wouldn't live very long :P
Orange Soda
level2
level2

Postby Orange Soda » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:14 pm

I really wanted the Ctrl-# group creation mechanism during the beta, I learned to live without it, but I think it still has place. It would really help when attacking turrets from multiple angles.
Nimbus
level2
level2

Postby Nimbus » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:27 pm

Orange Soda wrote:I really wanted the Ctrl-# group creation mechanism during the beta, I learned to live without it, but I think it still has place. It would really help when attacking turrets from multiple angles.

I think IV wants the game to be near-identicle on PC and xBox.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:49 pm

I never really had the need for control groups.

I can see it being necissary in games like Homeworld or Starcraft, where one needs to coordinate elements for an assault and switch between them. In Multiwinia all you need is the group selection and tab for special powers.

Return to “The Future”