Always...always caught

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Nicostream
level0

Always...always caught

Postby Nicostream » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi everyone. For some reason I find it impossible to deal with banks. Here's what's happened in the past few days while I've been trying out this awesome game:

1) I've found that for some missions I don't have a hardware that's fast enough.

2) I've been trying to get money via other missions but soon enough, as my rating got higher, I was unable to do basically any of them on time.

3) I figured I could steal from banks.

4) After 4 of my accounts have been closed consequently I figured I'd just better save my profile because I'm not starting from the "test mission" for the 5th time in 2 days that's for sure.

5) Still I was unable to deal with this problem, because the bank ALWAYS gets me.

So here's my procedure...see if you can find where I fuck things up.

1) As hardware I've got 100+120 Ghz w/o security and with basic memory capacity. My modem is also stock.

2) The relevant softwares I've got: Proxy Disable v5.0 (can't afford Bypass yet) Log Deleter v1.0 Trace Tracker v3.0 Password Breaker.

3) The method:

First I create a fake account on another bank. Of course I connect there from InterNIC too, and I delete the logs when my account is complete. After this, I find a bank mission where I have to investigate balance or something like that. Then I follow with executing these 10 easy steps:

a) Set up bounces starting with InterNIC, and ending with Uplink Testserver and eventually the server of the bank
b) Use the account number I have from the mission description and the password breaker. (tracing starts, but with 220 Ghz it doesn't even get over 20%)
c) As soon as it is finished, disconnect, go to InterNIC and delete the logs.
d) see point a)
e) Log on to the person's account (no tracing should start yet)
f) Fill in the required slots
g) Start Proxy Disable. (tracing starts now)
h) As soon as it finishes, click transfer, and delete the log of it on this account.
i) Connect to InterNic and delete the Bounce and Authentication logs, leaving the connection and disconnection logs.
j) enjoy my 1 million credits for about 1 minute before I'm fucked.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:48 pm

FAQ, read it. You are forgetting to remove some logs, not the bounce at interNIC, but the logs on the accounts you are stealing from, and transferring too.

The FAQ covers that. You are always caught because you are not doing it right.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Nicostream
level0

Postby Nicostream » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:29 pm

I've cleared those too. Can that be a problem I haven't applied the patch?
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Always have the latest patched version and make a new user after it.
Nicostream
level0

Postby Nicostream » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Done. Still caught though :( I really can't do anything.

I delete every damn trace. I delete the log on the "from" account, I delete the log on the "to" account, I delete the logs on InterNIC and about 20 secs-1 minute after I'm finished boom...black screen. I have no idea how the bank traces me. I even deleted the logs on InterNIC that can link me to the "to" account and I'm still getting caught.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:19 pm

Did you start a new game after installing the patch? If not it won't help..
Nicostream
level0

Postby Nicostream » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:17 am

Of course I did. It hasn't even allowed me to continue my other accounts. An error message said "Failed t". No idea what that means but I was obligated to start a new agent. Anyway, I now have log deleter v4.0 and all bypasses. And this is getting ridicolous. I can wipe out entire computer systems, steal complete data of a company, I can even hack into banks to trace back transactions, and noone is even close to getting me. But should I try to steal just 1 credit and I have exactly 105 seconds before it's game over. (still with all logs cleared) I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. But let me get this straight. After the transaction I need to delete ONLY THE LAST log on BOTH bank accounts, PLUS the BOUNCE and AUTHENTICATION logs @ InterNIC. Am I right?

EDIT: I've tried it again. Done everything the same as before and I haven't been caught. No idea what's going on but whatever... :D
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Nicostream wrote:
EDIT: I've tried it again. Done everything the same as before and I haven't been caught. No idea what's going on but whatever... :D

No, you didn't do it the same as before. You have now done it the right way. Just learn to admit you did it wrong the first hundred or so times, but now you have it right. We all have to learn sometime.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Rkiver wrote:
Nicostream wrote:

No, you didn't do it the same as before. You have now done it the right way. Just learn to admit you did it wrong the first hundred or so times, but now you have it right. We all have to learn sometime.
Be fair now. Have you never tried something again without noticing anything different and succeeded? Happens to all of us.
fxpro
level0

Postby fxpro » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:39 am

Rkiver wrote:Always have the latest patched version and make a new user after it.

hello rkiver..... i seee u are the only veteran that reply to msg on here regarding gaming,pls i sent u MESSAGE pls reply i would really appreciate your response...
thank you
Love to learn and meet those that are willing to search their knowledge in hacking world,because the more u teach the more u become ur master
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:54 am

I'm sure NeatNit's feeling quite hurt now.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Not really, he PM'd me as well. :?
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:51 pm

He pmed bloody everyone. I'd gladly remove him from the forums to be honest.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:15 pm

I didn't get a PM. :(
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Ah. I thought he meant this message, not PMs.

I didn't get a PM either :(

Return to “General”