DevCD + Uplink + Microsoft Visual 6.0 problems

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

kubas246
level0

DevCD + Uplink + Microsoft Visual 6.0 problems

Postby kubas246 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi, i got a problem. I do everything like in instruction from DevCD (Getting Started instruction) but when i press F7 to build everything i got error:

CODE REMOVED.

How i can fix it? I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, Uplink 1.55 and Windows XP Professional. Please help me.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri May 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Please do not post code here. Only post it in the dev forums.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
kubas246
level0

Postby kubas246 » Sat May 21, 2011 6:33 pm

But i don't have acces to dev forum (and i don't know how to get acces to this forum).
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat May 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Contact an administrator, NeoThermic, with proof of your purchase of the DevCD and he will give you access.

If you read the lisence you would see posting ANY code on the open forums is a very very very bad idea.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
james0vince
level0

Just when I was starting to think uplink was the best thing

Postby james0vince » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Just when I was starting to think uplink was the best thing since sliced bread. I was gonna buy the source code a become a dev. But from what I have just seen its Visual Basic? OMG please dont tell me it is.

If you were gonna write the coolest game in the world, why visual basic? Plus if its visual basic how did you port it to linux?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:28 pm

If you think that Visual Studio is only for Basic despite C++ being mentioned in this very thread (which, to be perfectly clear, is the actual language the game is written in), then maybe you really shouldn't buy the DevCD. You can get cheaper coasters elsewhere.
james0vince
level0

Sorry I paniced.

Postby james0vince » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:49 pm

When I saw Microsoft Visual I was to quick to jump to conclusions. I also wasn't wearing my glasses and Visual was in bold.

As for bert_the_turtle Did you really need to be so condescending? I am new on this forum and jumped to conclusions. For which I will likely have to eat some humble pie now. However I am a very accomplished developer and much of my work has been done in C++.

I am a very good developer and don't need you validate my intention to contribute to the project, I could potentially offer uplink some very useful mods. It's a good thing I am not sensitive, this community could have lost a very experienced developer, talk about a welcoming community.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Sorry to have offended you by implying the worst, but if you really stick around for a bit longer, you certainly will be amazed time and time again by the amount and intensity of Stupid new people tend to bring in here, and you too will first roll your eyes a couple of times and then reply in about the same manner. You'll see :)
axx
level0

Postby axx » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:55 am

there are other dev envs than visual studio for c ++ even for c#. they're open source and free.
i don't know anything about vb, cause i do not care.

i don't know why i feel like pointing out the obviouse, but it makes me warm in side and can't stop smiling rigth now.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:09 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Sorry to have offended you by implying the worst, but if you really stick around for a bit longer, you certainly will be amazed time and time again by the amount and intensity of Stupid new people tend to bring in here, and you too will first roll your eyes a couple of times and then reply in about the same manner. You'll see :)

For example, the post right above this one.

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”