Gateways & 1.6 Patch/1.54 Patch

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Imperius Rex
level1
level1

Gateways & 1.6 Patch/1.54 Patch

Postby Imperius Rex » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:32 pm

I recently reinstalled Uplink, along with some of the mods and gateways/graphics from modlink.net.

I put the graphics in Data/graphics along with the gateways in their respective places (Data/data/gateways & Data/graphics/gateway)

I have some new world map graphics that I can't figure out how to get to show in-game, as well the gateways are not showing in-game either.

Is there a known problem with the gateways and 1.6? or do they all have to be recreated to work with the newest patch? If there is an issue should I downgrade to 1.54?
Last edited by Imperius Rex on Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~Only Two Things Are Infinite: The Universe & Human Stupidity; And I'm Not Sure About The Universe~~
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:38 pm

1.6?

There is no patch 1.6. The latest one is 1.55, and there is no known issue with gateway mods on it. Other mods such as DevCD based ones do not work on 1.55 however.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Imperius Rex
level1
level1

Postby Imperius Rex » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 pm

The 1.60 Patch is Unofficial, downloaded from http://www.onlink-mod.net/?page=download
~~Only Two Things Are Infinite: The Universe & Human Stupidity; And I'm Not Sure About The Universe~~
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Ah, onlink.

Can't help you here with any issues you have with that I'm afraid. You have issues, you need to talk to Onlink.
Imperius Rex
level1
level1

Postby Imperius Rex » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:32 pm

Yeah guess so, but other then the patch... any gateways I downloaded from modlink.net should work with the official patches correct? providing they are stored in the right location?

Thank you for your help though
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:23 am

Yes, the gateways should work fine with the official patches.
Imperius Rex
level1
level1

Postby Imperius Rex » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:00 am

Thank you :) I will roll back to 1.54 and try them again...

Kind of off thread topic, but I downloaded a couple of world map graphics from modlink.net. From what I can tell they go into Data/graphics, my questions are: can i only have one in there at any given time? or is there a way in game to switch between them if I put multiples in that folder?
Imperius Rex
level1
level1

Postby Imperius Rex » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:04 am

Ok so I have uninstalled everything, reinstalled and patched to 1.54 from the website.I've Downloaded a few gateways from modlink.net such as the NG ones by neott., as well as Necrologas Personal Gateway, they appear to be in the correct area. Created a new agent after adding the gateways and I still cannot see them in the available gateways on the Uplink ISS.

As well, the world map graphic I added doesn't show up either... not entirely sure what I am doing wrong although I am sure I am at this point... and would greatly appreciate any and all help that any of you can provide.

To give an idea what I have done, I created a folder named 'Data' inside the Program Files/Uplink folder. I downloaded a gateway .rar from modlink.net and extracted the data and graphics folders from inside the .rar directly into the Data folder inside Uplink. I then loaded up Uplink, created a new agent and logged into the Uplink ISS and went to check if the added gateway(s) were available. roughly the paths are (Program Files/Uplink/Data/data/gateways) & (Program Files/Uplink/Data/graphics/gateway). The LANS i added are in (Program Files/Uplink/Data/data/lans). The Data/data folder contains two files other then the lans and gateways folders which are .DS_store and NecroPersonal.txt.

The world map graphics are (Program Files/Uplink/Data/graphics/worldmaplarge.tif) & (Program Files/Uplink/Data/graphics/worldmapsmall.tif). The World Map I am trying to use is the Antiproantis map from modlink.net. Also I have checked and verified that use defaultworldmap is unchecked in the options menu.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:10 pm

You need to extract data.dat rather then just make a folder named data.

I suggest you use the search function to look up "redshirt" on here to find out how to do so.
Imperius Rex
level1
level1

Postby Imperius Rex » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Well, after a fair amount of searching I came across a post by LeonK that specified the right path, along with the need for case sensitivity. So I now have the custom gateways showing... but still can't get the world map to show.. perhaps I will just be thankful I got the gateway's to work and leave it at that for now :) Thanks for your help Rkiver.

In another note; Necrologa's personal gateway has a negative cost in UplinkISS. How, if possible, could I alter the cost to make it a positive number that corresponds with its capabilities. I find it kind of like cheating not to have to strive to get the good stuff, or would altering his gateway in that way for my own personal use be frowned upon?
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:46 pm

If you go into the data folder and locate the gateway folder you can find the costs of the gateway in the text file. Simple remove the - symbol to make it a positive cost.
Imperius Rex
level1
level1

Postby Imperius Rex » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:48 pm

Thanks for the lightning fast response :) sorry I am sure i've been a PITA.

Return to “Hints and Tips”