GameTap version crashing

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Arphahat
level1
level1

GameTap version crashing

Postby Arphahat » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:51 am

I posted this in the General forum before I saw that there was a bug reports, so that other post can probably be deleted.

I don't know if I should be contacting GameTap or if this is an issue to be addressed here, but I am getting a crash when I respond to certain messages. Specifically, the "steal research" missions. Also, one of the missions I couldn't complete because of level 8 encryption... is that part of the error?

I am trying to figure out what version GameTap is running. Are they running the latest version? I don't know if this means anything, but I've seen references to HUD IRC and HUD LAN and LAN software in various forums, but see no reference to them in the game... do they show up later, or is something wrong?

Is GameTap providing some bizarro version of this game? If I want the latest stuff, do I need to purchase a separate copy?
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:59 am

See my reply in the other thread.

Next time, please don't post twice.

Arphahat wrote:If I want the latest stuff, do I need to purchase a separate copy?

Most probably, get a refund and buy Uplink directly from Introversion, the maker of the game.
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch
Arphahat
level1
level1

Postby Arphahat » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:15 am

Thanks for your response. I posted at the GameTap forum suggesting that the company they are licensing this Uplink from might not have the legal right to do so.

Is Steam an official, legal distributor of Uplink? I like keeping my online purchases to as few vendors as possible and would prefer to purchase there, as long as it is legal.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:02 am

Arphahat wrote:Is Steam an official, legal distributor of Uplink? I like keeping my online purchases to as few vendors as possible and would prefer to purchase there, as long as it is legal.

Yes, Valve is authorized to sell Uplink over Steam.

Return to “Bug Reports”