PROBLEM WITH MY GETAWAY AND ACCESS SOME SERVERS

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

xXXx
level1
level1

PROBLEM WITH MY GETAWAY AND ACCESS SOME SERVERS

Postby xXXx » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:52 pm

HI GUYS I HAVE A LITLE PROBLEM IN MY UPLINK :? I UP2DATE MY GETAWAY BUT NOTHING CHANGE IN MY GETAWAY I AM WAITING MORE THAN 3 DAYS NOT JUST 24 BUT NO NEW GETAWAY :cry: WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS PROBLEM I HOPE ANYBODY HELP ME FOR THAT BECOUSE IM IN MISSIONS YOU MUST TO HAVE A MORE SPACE IN MEMORY
AND I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION
WHEN I WANT TO ACCESS TO SOME SERVERS THEY ASK ME FOR ROUTED MY CONNECION HOW CAN I DO THAT
AND THANK U
T4
level1
level1

Postby T4 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:12 pm

ALTERNATIVELY YOU COULD NOT TYPE IN CAPS ALL OF THE TIME
xXXx
level1
level1

Postby xXXx » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:32 am

THANK U FOR YOUR REPLY BUT WHAT YOU MEAN EXACTLY I DON'T UNDERSATAND
:oops:
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:49 am

If you've bought a new Gateway, you have to exit your profile and enter again in order to use it. Buying a new gateway does not give you extra memory, but it does give you more slots for memory, so you can buy more memory to fill those slots.

In order to route your connection through a system, you use the map and click on each system you want to 'bounce' through. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that they ask you to route your connection, but it may be you have to bounce through a system owned by the same company so that it's a 'trusted' connection.

The Ultimate Uplink Guide in my signature can help you.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
xXXx
level1
level1

Postby xXXx » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:05 pm

thank u man for ur help i will start again by new user and i will try thank u again :wink:
Darkangel123
level1
level1

Postby Darkangel123 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:38 pm

I believe he was implying a mainframe; furthermore, some missions require you to copy a database, which requires a significant amount of memory to accomplish. Infact, copying a database takes 90 free GQ of memory.

Back to mainframe, your last bounce has to be of the same company - say, for example, you have to connect to Example Co. Central Mainframe - you would have to bounce it through an access terminal, or internal services, or public access server of the same company. There are a few I left out for the sake of brevity.

Return to “General”