I just got the game and I really need help!!

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Matty3610
level0

I just got the game and I really need help!!

Postby Matty3610 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:41 pm

I just got the game installed it, got the latest patch and got an uplink account. Ive gone through the tutorial and gone onto the first mission where you have to get a file from the uplink server but the password cracker is not on my software list and I have no idea how to buy software. :? I also have a problem where I go onto my memory banks and a big red block appears over most of the screen. :? Would someone please help because I really want to onto the game. :cry:
T4
level1
level1

Postby T4 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:05 pm

Connect to "Uplink Internal Services System", log in, and choose "Software Upgrades". You can buy the Password Breaker there, along with all other software (provided you have enough cash).
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:38 am

I just lost the game :(
Lucrius
level0

Postby Lucrius » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:45 pm

to Matty3610

I can see that you got the answer on your first question. let me give you an answer to other one. When you open your memory bank in the future you will see two kind of blocks, red ones and green ones. Red ones present your software components, green ones present data files that you copy from different systems (when you do the job in which you need to copy files for someone). Everything else is a free space. When you instead of clicking on ''software upgrades'' click on ''hardware upgrades'' you can see five icons, click on ''memory'' icon. Here you can buy more memory and make more space for your future data.

I hope I helped.

P.S. Sorry for complicating, my English is bad.
Lucrius
level0

Postby Lucrius » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:19 pm

to prophile

you probably already know about this, but I'll write this if somebody else wishes to prevent loosing the game.

It's like this: when you start the game and make your registration as agent, log out and exit the game. Open your Uplink folder on your hard drive. Now find ''users'' folder and open it. Scroll down. You are looking for two directories named as your registered Uplink agent name in the game. When you find it mark it both and press ctrl+c. Now make new folder and name it different then your Uplink agent name(for example: if your agent name is ''username'' then name your folder as ''username1''). Open it and save copied directories in it. Do this every once in the while. when windows ask you do you wish to replace files in your new directory (username1) press ''yes to all''.
Now, it's seems to be a little bit complicated but thrust me it's worthed. When you lose the game open your ''users'' directory, delete directories named as your Uplink agent name and instead of it paste directories from folder that you created in the previous process.

I've complicated it again, sorry my English is really bad.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:37 pm

Heh, don't worry, he's talking about this game.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Lucrius
level0

Postby Lucrius » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:24 am

That's creepy!

Return to “Hints and Tips”