I'm back to say hi before I go away again

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Me300
level4
level4

I'm back to say hi before I go away again

Postby Me300 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:45 am

Yes, it's that time again, for an old forum vet to come around and say "Hey, I'm back!" and then promptly disappear. So what all have y'all been up to thesedays? Ran a search on all the old forum trolls, and I dug up a gold mine of laughter, and it was funny also searching for old friends and seeing people like jaygee come up. And it reminded me of something else. Has anyone heard from the cat or the other israeli guy, the one that joined the army? I remember chatting with the cat quite a bit. In any case, that's all for now.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Well, I am glad to hear that you are still alive, and not getting shot at too much. What have you been up too?
Me300
level4
level4

Postby Me300 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:45 pm

Not a lot, training training training. This place seems dead.
ToRmEnToR
level5
level5

Postby ToRmEnToR » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:18 pm

Hey Me300, what's up?

I dont have much time to visit the forums but I drop by once in a month to see what's new...

Last time you were here you talked about joining the army and stuff, somewhere in the far east if I'm not mistaken. Are you still there?

BTW are you in the marines? Currently I'm an instructor at the IDF's CTS, and we had a company of marines who came for a week of training something like half a month ago. Anoger company is scheduled to arrive this august.
meow
Me300
level4
level4

Postby Me300 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:22 am

ToRmEnToR wrote:Hey Me300, what's up?

I dont have much time to visit the forums but I drop by once in a month to see what's new...

Last time you were here you talked about joining the army and stuff, somewhere in the far east if I'm not mistaken. Are you still there?

BTW are you in the marines? Currently I'm an instructor at the IDF's CTS, and we had a company of marines who came for a week of training something like half a month ago. Anoger company is scheduled to arrive this august.

Nah, I'm a soldier. Good to hear that you're safe, after the stuff started up in Lebanon, I couldn't help but wonder about you guys. And I haven't gone off to Korea yet, but It's coming next April. I'm pretty stoked, get to go to Camp Humphreys, just outside of Pyeongtaek. Hard to believe I've been in for 2 years on the 14th.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Whoo, hello!
Me300
level4
level4

Postby Me300 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:41 pm

Darksun wrote:Whoo, hello!

What's up, how you been?
I just got off of a 24 hour CQ shift with our Company's biggest idiot somewhere around 4 hours ago, the Army is great!
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:35 pm

The only thing I know about Me300 is that he is a person who joined the army and went through a really intense Korean language course.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Me300
level4
level4

Postby Me300 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:28 am

xyzyxx wrote:The only thing I know about Me300 is that he is a person who joined the army and went through a really intense Korean language course.

Me300 has a girlfriend now (Korean at that!)
Me300 just got promoted.
Me300 decided the army isn't too bad.
and Me300 has to sit on CQ again tomorrow night, but this thime with someone cool.
If anyone wants to know more about Me300, by all means, ask.

What happened to Luigi, Stews, Miah and some of the old regulars? Haven't seen anything by them for a while. Same with PB and Icepick.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:12 am

The Uplink forums have died right down in the last year or so. Stews is still lurking about, but Miah, Luigi30 and Punisher Bass have been conspicuously absent for a fair while. Icepick hasn't been posting on the forums much recently, but you could probably catch him on IRC. Deepsmeg, Darksun and Mas Tnega are still chiming in now and then and Rkiver is out and about.

EDIT: And of course NeoThermic is busy adminning.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Me300
level4
level4

Postby Me300 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:36 pm

KingAl wrote:The Uplink forums have died right down in the last year or so. Stews is still lurking about, but Miah, Luigi30 and Punisher Bass have been conspicuously absent for a fair while. Icepick hasn't been posting on the forums much recently, but you could probably catch him on IRC. Deepsmeg, Darksun and Mas Tnega are still chiming in now and then and Rkiver is out and about.

EDIT: And of course NeoThermic is busy adminning.

*sigh* I guess all good things come to an end eventually. I just wish I coulda been here for the golden days of the forums.
Alas, I'm off to another boring night of CQ duty. *sighs again*
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:10 pm

Ahh! Me300! Welcome back. I guess this must of been what Deepsmeg was talking about when he asked me how difficult it would be to move topics across forums.

Yeah the golden days might be slightly gone. However, that's to be expected when you let about 6 years pass. People grow up and move on. I'm just glad that not everyone forgets their roots :)

However, that said, you'd get a few more "Hi!"'s if you posted this in the IV lounge, as it's where just about everyone from all three games hangs out these days.

Great to hear from you though! Also, since you said it a few times, what is CQ duty?

NeoThermic
Me300
level4
level4

Postby Me300 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:08 pm

NeoThermic wrote:Ahh! Me300! Welcome back. I guess this must of been what Deepsmeg was talking about when he asked me how difficult it would be to move topics across forums.

Yeah the golden days might be slightly gone. However, that's to be expected when you let about 6 years pass. People grow up and move on. I'm just glad that not everyone forgets their roots :)

However, that said, you'd get a few more "Hi!"'s if you posted this in the IV lounge, as it's where just about everyone from all three games hangs out these days.

Great to hear from you though! Also, since you said it a few times, what is CQ duty?

NeoThermic

I'll have to consider that then. And to answer your question, CQ stands for Charge of Quarters. You sit at a desk all night (24 hours on saturday and sundays) and monitor the goings on inside the barracks. And if anything bad happens, you contact the company cadre.
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:30 am

I'm still alive!
*feels neglected*
Me300
level4
level4

Postby Me300 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:36 am

Flamekebab wrote:I'm still alive!
*feels neglected*

Don't feel neglected dude, glad you're still alive.

Return to “General”