I'm Stumped.

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Fodor362
level0

I'm Stumped.

Postby Fodor362 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:15 am

Alright, I saved roughly 2 & 1/2 hours (game-time) prior to my being caught. I am getting the "We have recently been informed by a large corporation... blah blah.."

I have tried deleting all the necessary records at the InterNIC, with no prevail, I continue to get caught, at the same time. I double checked my record, clean. Hell, I even tried arresting myself with no luck, because that takes 3 hours. I got the Log deleter v4, all that good stuff to cover up my tracks, even tried undeleting them to verify it was working. I do not, however have any hardware upgrades, including security, because if that was the case, I'd just nuke it.

Oh, one other thing I tried was destroying the computer that came after my InterNIC in my Bounce, still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to get past this?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:29 am

You've probably deleted your logs too late at some point, and only been informed at a later point in time.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
madsniper
level1
level1

Postby madsniper » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:44 pm

After a major hack, be it a bank or a large corporation, you have NO time to dilly dally. Make sure InterNIC is your absolutely first jump. They can still figure out (much much slower) even if you erased your logs at InterNIC, but got to your first jump anyway.

First Jump: Accepting Connection from 127.0.0.1, routing to (InterNIC)143.235.21.456

(InterNIC)Second Jump: Log Deleted

Third Jump: Accepting Connection from (InterNIC)143.235.21.456, routing to 125.21.678.32

The NPC's aren't dumb.

But, this could be not the problem. It could just be reaction time. As soon as you disconnect, head over to InterNIC ASAP. A good 800 -1000 Ghz processor can delete a log with V4 in a matter of seconds. (5 200Ghz Turbos)
1NflnItY
level0

Postby 1NflnItY » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:14 pm

Try to get the v5 log_deleter so it deletes and moves the logs down(Impossible to trace) and only costs 4,000c.
The max bank loans are 4,000c at game start but it has money on the loan(atleast mine did)

Delete only your "Routed" logs.

Save money for a gateway_nuke & Motion sensor.

Return to “Hints and Tips”