StoryLine(not sending 2nd letter)

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Cheesey
level0

StoryLine(not sending 2nd letter)

Postby Cheesey » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:03 pm

First time playing as far as i am currently, I recivied the letter from the hacker who is now apparently dead, and it is my understanding that in a few days I was "Supposed" to recieve another letter from the company that had him killed or something along those lines. I never recieve that letter, even waiting for a month.

Thankfuly i backed up my account =)

Plz help me :shock:
Cheesey
level0

Postby Cheesey » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:09 pm

NEVER MIND!!!! =)

:D I figured it out, silly mua :D
starfoxx
level1
level1

Postby starfoxx » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:34 pm

what did you forget to do?
bgoss
level0

Postby bgoss » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:32 am

I have a similar question. I've recieved the first letter, with the ARC Mainframe link and username/password. When I connect, the name/pass doesn't work (Says "Invalid Name or Password.") and when I hack in, all the files have the standard randomly generated names. In-game date is 16:14.20 14 April, 2010. Can I fix this or do I start over?

Edit: Seems I"m using v1.3 I'll update that and come back to report on any change.
Edit: No effect.
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:29 pm

First, read the damn guide. Second, if you had read the damn guide you would've realized that the username and password that the agent gave you weren't supposed to work. You just need to wait for the email after trying to use them.
I wasn't here.
bgoss
level0

Postby bgoss » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:46 pm

Ooops. I deserved that.
Gameon
level0

Same issue here

Postby Gameon » Sat May 05, 2007 6:20 am

Hello.

If the previous players got the thing completed, looks like I'm completely beyond help here. I waited a little while to do the storyline mission and kept the initial email undeleted.

However, I accidentally deleted the email at some point. The code and password however remained in the ARC Central Mainframe when I tried to login there.

Anyways. I've read the guide carefully and tried pretty much everything now. It's around May 1, 2010. I've tried using the codes without breaking other encryptions. I've tried using the codes AND breaking the encryptions. I've tried just hacking in as admin. I've tried destroying the system altogether.

After each episode, I've waited for over a MONTH and I never seem to get the second email. Is there ANY way I can resolve this thing without starting over. I don't think I wanna do that.

EDIT: I've got the STEAM full version of the game.

EDIT 2: Well, after reading the forum... looks like there is a time limit for the storyline (never mentioned in the guide). I can't even begin to describe my frustration. This sucks, seriously. Otherwise the game rules, but this was been a REAL downer... :-(
QuadeHale
level0

Postby QuadeHale » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:21 am

I have experienced the same thing. I didn't realize there was a timer, took my time with missions and whatnot, hacked a couple banks and did some advanced missions to make sure I was prepared for the storyline missions, alas, it was much too late (I was starting June, because I bought all the upgrades for my gateway and fast-forwarded a few times.) Does anyone know the cut-off point? 2 weeks? 3 weeks from the mail? Or does it pretty much start when you start seeing news coverage?

Lastly - knowing now what I do, that you don't need to actually hack ARC for them to mail you - will you retire if you're caught? Are you supposed to erase your traces from that first hack, and so on? Does it matter?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:42 am

I'm not sure when the cut-off point is exactly, but it's best to just play it safe and act right away.

I believe that you won't be disavowed as a result of the ARC hack as long as an active trace doesn't start. However, to my knowledge it still triggers the ARC e-mail if you delete the logs, so again it's best to play it safe and delete them regardless.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
JordanMillward_1
level0

Postby JordanMillward_1 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:49 pm

I believe that the cut-off point is a week.

Return to “The Full Game”