Is there a Lack of Trolls on this fourm?!

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

majingray
level2
level2

Is there a Lack of Trolls on this fourm?!

Postby majingray » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:03 pm

come on i see around one post a day at most!!

where is everyone? :)
majingray
level2
level2

Postby majingray » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:04 pm

by that i would like to see more talk on Uplink plz
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:09 pm

Most of the trolls have learnt to not bother, as we either ignore them, or give them the flames with the searing heat of the core of a star.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
doormat
level4
level4

Postby doormat » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:01 am

Things calmed down a lot when Uplink went onto steam. The forum had moved past the "PLZ HELP WID LEVEL!!11!!!1!" stage for a while, since the game was established and the forum wasn't realy about the game anymore. Without meaning to be rude, when the n00bs turned up again, everyone de-bunked.

It'll pick up again, have no fear. :lol:
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
Palludan
level1
level1

Re: Is there a Lack of Trolls on this fourm?!

Postby Palludan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:48 am

majingray wrote:come on i see around one post a day at most!!

Check my thread (something about patching) and you'll see two forum trolls...
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:48 am

No they're not trolls. You would almost reach the deffinition of troll. These people you are trying to call trolls are actually people who know what they are talking about, use proper grammar, and ask relevant questions. You did the last two but need to work on the first.

He didn't "diss" you as you put it he made a simple statement that made perfect sense and pointed out that maybe you should think a little bit before you ask a question or maybe go back and think after asking.

So maybe you should realise that when he said that it doesn't say anywhere that you have to download all the other patches first, or the fact that it says LATEST PATCH that it's the latest patch to come out.

So before you go calling people trolls, look at yourself first and respect the people that know more than you.

/end rant
I wasn't here.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:52 am

dunetrooper, you read my mind and put my thoughts into words. There should be laws against people like you.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:54 am

Oh and why is that? That's not fair. There should be laws against laws against people like me :P

Just cause you're too damn slow.
I wasn't here.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:03 am

In this instance I'm quite happy being slow. You put it more elequently than I could. :P
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Palludan
level1
level1

Postby Palludan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:22 am

I did not say he disrespected me. read it again before you come with such accusations.
Besides... people with proper grammer can still be trolls... they are just a bit worse than the 12 year old kids.

Listen, this is all just a big mistake... let's stop here and pretend it never happened...
"kk? kk."

Palludan
MarkeZ
level3
level3

Postby MarkeZ » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:45 am

dunetrooper wrote:No they're not trolls. You would almost reach the deffinition of troll. These people you are trying to call trolls are actually people who know what they are talking about, use proper grammar, and ask relevant questions. You did the last two but need to work on the first.

He didn't "diss" you as you put it he made a simple statement that made perfect sense and pointed out that maybe you should think a little bit before you ask a question or maybe go back and think after asking.

So maybe you should realise that when he said that it doesn't say anywhere that you have to download all the other patches first, or the fact that it says LATEST PATCH that it's the latest patch to come out.

So before you go calling people trolls, look at yourself first and respect the people that know more than you.

/end rant

I'll have to agree, Montyphy wasn't a troll.

A bit of an ass? Probably... Could he be nicer? Sure, but then again it's understandable...with the insane amount of posts this forum is getting lately, if people just post whatever crap comes to their mind it might get impossible to read all the other REALLY important topics around....

And yes, i know the link in my sig is as dead as, well, this place...
Visit The Troll Grounds an experience you don't want to miss...well...sort of

NOW WITH 2 BRAND NEW SECTIONS
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:36 am

Palladun: Go here and realise it applies to new people, like you.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Palludan wrote:Actually, I installed it and it seems to work perfect.
But well done Montyphy, join the 'lack of trolls' thread.
And somebody thinks I diss people who help me... read his post again.. yup, quality answers.

From your other topic in this forum. The bold sentence implies that he "dissed" you. Again like I said, you really need to think about your replies.

I gotta remember that site or something like it Rkiver. I love it every time it comes up

No one here likes you.

We're going to offend, insult, abuse, and belittle the living hell out of you. And when you rail against us with "FUCK YOU YOU GEEK WIMP SKATER GOTH LOSER PUNK FAG BITCH!1!!", we smile to ourselves. We laugh at you because you don't get it. Then we turn up the heat, hoping to draw more entertainment from your irrational fuming.

Love it.[/b]
I wasn't here.
Palludan
level1
level1

Postby Palludan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:47 pm

It was supposed to be like:
"And if somebody thinks I diss people who helps me.. read his post again... yup, a very helpful post indeed"

Meaning he didn't help and therefore I don't diss people who help me.

I'm not replying to any of your posts again, you might misunderstand this post too, give me poo etc.
majingray
level2
level2

Postby majingray » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:09 am

well my Main aim was just to have something to talk about and maybe push Uplink talk on to you all after you all Rant about how bad Trolls are :P

Return to “General”