hall of fame / the best players youve encountered?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:49 pm

This just lends way more support to an ingame ranking/scoring system with stats :)

I've posted a couple of my votes for all-stars in the all-star poll.
lukasbradley
level1
level1

Postby lukasbradley » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Weps is the best all-around player, hands down.

Honestly, I think his best trait comes down to bomber maintenance, and the ability to be successful when nuking ships. Sounds strange, he is incredibly effective at it.
Sirthomasthegreat
level3
level3

Postby Sirthomasthegreat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:02 pm

I fixed the raccooncon for those that care.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6xatujagllv
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:40 pm

lukasbradley wrote:Weps is the best all-around player, hands down.

Honestly, I think his best trait comes down to bomber maintenance, and the ability to be successful when nuking ships. Sounds strange, he is incredibly effective at it.

Weps is very good but also very predictable. I have a hard time saying "someone is the best" because all games are situational.
lukasbradley
level1
level1

Postby lukasbradley » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:28 pm

roflamingo wrote:

Weps is very good but also very predictable. I have a hard time saying "someone is the best" because all games are situational.

I agree somewhat on your first point; Weps is only predictable in that he has a totally different placement style. But isn't it interesting if Weps is somewhat predictable, he is still a very tough opponent?

On your second point, about declaring who is best being impossible due to the situational nature of the game, I couldn't agree more.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:44 pm

I was just about to say the same thing about Weps.

For those that are interested, send me a pm or put it here and I will add you to the list of names of players interested.

See here for the list.
M3NM7N(_)K3s
level0

What about M3 N M7 N(_)k3z

Postby M3NM7N(_)K3s » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:38 am

8) what about M3 N M7 N(_)k3z
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:00 am

Radiant Caligula needs to be on that list
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:28 am

I' ve played Weps a couple of times and I can only remember him beating me once.

And it may be that some other ppl are good at nuking ships, but Im pretty sure I can out nuke any fleet I encounter.
I simply LOVE nuking ships and erasing whole fleets can make my game even though I waste 90prcnt of my silos at it.

It's not something I do very often, but if I find a whole fleet jammed between UK and Iceland, damn it is sweet to wipe it clean in swift blows, either by redirected bombers or silos.

I would say ROFLamingo, Amerigo, JESUS and Homeowner are some of the best players out there. I know Ace and lots of other ppl are nasty encounters, but I haven't played them in a while. Which I hope to do soon again...
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:30 am

kentuckyfried wrote:Radiant Caligula needs to be on that list

yeh, put me up! thx ;-)
PsychicKid
level2
level2

Postby PsychicKid » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:46 pm

No love for Psychickid? I'll admit I don't play as often as I used to (School, Wii, and WoW are to blame), but I still put up a good match. Ask rolf. :D
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:50 pm

Radiant Caligula wrote:I would say ROFLamingo, Amerigo, JESUS and Homeowner are some of the best players out there. I know Ace and lots of other ppl are nasty encounters, but I haven't played them in a while. Which I hope to do soon again...

I can't remember playing you. If I have it must have been at the beginning of my Defcon career (back in December). Since I lost my screen shots, I can't check. If you have any with me in them, I'd love to see them (and the date).
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:26 pm

I think we have played a couple of times some months ago, but I'm not entirely sure. I lost all my initial screenies as well as I had to reinstall Defcon... But I will take a look anyway.
lukasbradley
level1
level1

Postby lukasbradley » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:50 pm

I played with a guy who uses "Ice Cream" as his nick last night. We ended up playing 3 games together. I've seen him around before, but haven't had the chance to play with him.

Two random territory games, he and I ironically ended up being China and Africa, respectively. I think I came close to your 600 score quest, Ace (300 score on 100 pop per territory).

The last game we played against two players who wanted an "experts game." Matchup was 2v2 with selected countries. They had already choosen Russia and China before we got in the room. I took Africa and Ice Cream took Europe. Long story short, Ice Cream was able to nuke out literally 90%ish of Russia's fleet, with no losses (I think).

I was very impressed; he's one of the better players I've seen, and these other two players weren't scrubs.
Weps
level3
level3

Postby Weps » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:45 pm

Radiant Caligula wrote:I' ve played Weps a couple of times and I can only remember him beating me once.

Let's see how predicatble you are =]

(1) will do the "lemmeseewhatugottrick"
(2) will backstab
(3) will join forces with winning/strongest player if required.

and I must say, you are really good at it :-) It's part of the game, it's just not how I like to play it. But I'm damn curious if you can trick the other "all star players" in the "all star games" :-)

Someone besides me must have figured out how you play, I hope =]

october, last year:

Return to “General”