Stupid question, I know...

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Nightbringer
level0

Stupid question, I know...

Postby Nightbringer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:43 am

This is kind of a stupid question, but is the "Uplink" font (the one in the "Uplink Forum" pic at the top of the board) owned by Introversion?

Just Curious.
We are less than cattle to these beings, chattel to be cast aside, consumed or made sport with for their pleasure. There is not one among them that would pay heed to a world of Man as I would an ant on my boot.
-Inquisitor Kessel, on the C'Tan.
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:52 am

The question itself is not stupid at all.
That you posted it without searching the board, that is stupid.

If you had searched, you would have found http://forums.introversion.co.uk/uplink ... light=font
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:31 pm

Before you tell someone how stupid they are, it's best to actually read their post. Otherwise you'll look even more stupid. Fucking idiot.

Nightbringer: It's a freeware font made by 'Iconian Fonts', so IV don't own it. :)
Nakatomi is coming
Nightbringer
level0

Postby Nightbringer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:13 pm

I see. Thanks.

Sorry for the trouble, I haven't been here in a while, and didn't think that it had came up before.
We are less than cattle to these beings, chattel to be cast aside, consumed or made sport with for their pleasure. There is not one among them that would pay heed to a world of Man as I would an ant on my boot.

-Inquisitor Kessel, on the C'Tan.
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:12 am

Hey it's not trouble. There are just people lurking around here trying to sound smart... I won't name any names but......

Glad to see someone was actually able to help you that's what we try to do here.
I wasn't here.
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:56 pm

coolsi wrote:Before you tell someone how stupid they are, it's best to actually read their post. Otherwise you'll look even more stupid. Fucking idiot.

I read it. The answer to the question is right on my link. See the post of Darksun. Both links go to a site where the font is displayed in full detail and all license-questions are answered.

coolsi wrote:Hey it's not trouble. There are just people lurking around here trying to sound smart... I won't name any names but......

Glad to see someone was actually able to help you that's what we try to do here.

You know that little saying with the hungry man and teaching him to fish? That's what i was trying.
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:11 am

alphager wrote:I read it. The answer to the question is right on my link. See the post of Darksun. Both links go to a site where the font is displayed in full detail and all license-questions are answered.

Ha... Ha ha.... That in sentence is very very funny.

I read that topic twice... no wait now it's three times. There is absolutely nothing in that topic that has to do with licenses. Have you even read it? Maybe you should look again.

Maybe he just wanted a straight yes or no. Maybe you should have thought that since this wasn't game related that maybe you could have provided that simple yes or no.

Oh and by the way only one of darksun's links included the fact that it was freeware, the first one wasn't the font, the second one is and that's the one with the info. So maybe you should think before you type.

Oh and just to help you it's "Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime."
I wasn't here.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:35 pm

I opened the first link.

I had no difficulty AT ALL finding the information about the font in the thread. I just had to click a second link. Perhaps everyone should re-read it (except alphager of course).

I think the biggest problem ere is the size of everyone's egos. Why not you all shut up and accept that you're all stupid for arguing about something as TRIVIAL as this.
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:02 am

But it gives us something to do....

And the problem I had was he was saying that the information right there. You say you had to click a second link. That means it wasn't there. So there.
I wasn't here.
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:56 am

dunetrooper wrote:But it gives us something to do....

And the problem I had was he was saying that the information right there. You say you had to click a second link. That means it wasn't there. So there.

Oh, clicking on links is nowadays considered too hard?
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:28 pm

No but apparently giving the correct information is for some people.
I wasn't here.
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:32 pm

dunetrooper wrote:No but apparently giving the correct information is for some people.

You don't seem to read my posts. As i said, it is much wiser to teach people how to search instead of feeding them the information they want.
doormat
level4
level4

Postby doormat » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:21 pm

I know how to search. Teaching me how to search is pointless.

When I ask a question, I'd much rather be fed the information I want. :wink:
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Return to “General”