Patch ideas

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Hmuda
level3
level3

Patch ideas

Postby Hmuda » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:38 pm

I have two ideas if the recently renewed patching continues. One is presumably easy to implement, the secont might not be.

1: it would be nice if the Log Deleter, File Deleter/Copier, etc would not unstick from the mouse when used. It's a bit annoying that I have to pick the Log Deleter up in InterNIC every time, especially with faster CPUs. Can be more useful if it would stay on the mouse and not having to chase it while it shifts back to the left side of the list. It would unstick if we right-click on empty space on the UI (to turn them off) but would not if we use them on logs/files.

2: now this might be tricky, but not that important. Can you guys put bouncing options onto the address list? Maybe next to the show/hide icons? They could show the link's palce in the bounce chain as we click them one after another. This could really help to organise things when we have too many links in our address book at once and the map gets way too crowded.
Immortius
level1
level1

Postby Immortius » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:42 pm

A work around for the second one is to build up a bounce list on the map, save it and then remove all the links from the bookmarks. Whenever you hit the load button all the servers will reappear.
Hmuda
level3
level3

Postby Hmuda » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:52 pm

Yeah, I know, I have the banks in the saved list every time. :) Just suggested it to make it a bit more organised, especially for the final showdown of the ARC ending.
poptartking
level1
level1

Postby poptartking » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:50 am

bouncing through mainframes and lans works awesome too
i found a pine cone!
im so happy.
Krid
level1
level1

Postby Krid » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:19 am

I would like a touch more flexibility in how I do things.

For instance, I'd like to be able to break into a company's payroll system and find a list of employees which I could either read there (If I only have a single target) or download for offline browsing (If I want to clean house, or don't want to bother writing things down.)
I'd like to then be able to take that information and apply it - for instance, I'd like to have the option of sabotaging one of two certain companies in my off hours pro-bono by getting their employees arrested, or being able to toy with their stock to cause police investigations, or sabotaging their bank accounts, etc...

I'd also like to be able to clear the names of fellow agents who have been arrested - either by finding proof that they were framed, or by creating evidence to divert the blame, or by destroying evidence so they can't go to trial, or by messing with records so they get released, etc... (Perhaps they would then be willing to return the favor tit-for-tat?)

At the very least, it would be nice to be able to advance an overarching goal through some optional non-mission actions and other interesting means.

Unfortunately, it seems that these patches are bugfix-only in nature. I doubt we'll see anything new, but we can dream. ^^
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Re: Patch ideas

Postby frenchfrog » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:39 am

Hmuda wrote:1: it would be nice if the Log Deleter, File Deleter/Copier, etc would not unstick from the mouse when used. It's a bit annoying that I have to pick the Log Deleter up in InterNIC every time, especially with faster CPUs. Can be more useful if it would stay on the mouse and not having to chase it while it shifts back to the left side of the list. It would unstick if we right-click on empty space on the UI (to turn them off) but would not if we use them on logs/files.

2: now this might be tricky, but not that important. Can you guys put bouncing options onto the address list? Maybe next to the show/hide icons? They could show the link's palce in the bounce chain as we click them one after another. This could really help to organise things when we have too many links in our address book at once and the map gets way too crowded.

Both should be added in the realease. The #2 was done by adding a coloring option to the link screen, the visibility button as now 3 status : visible, visible with a different color, not visible.
Pendrokar
level0

Postby Pendrokar » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:40 am

-------------------v1.53-------------------------
(Just to know that it is released)

v2.0 HUD_MapShowTrace - Not that important but, if the v2.0 could show not just a tracked link(bounce), but the progress of tracking on the link(bounce).
sirvoks
level3
level3

Postby sirvoks » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:16 pm

I'm not quite sure this is the right place, but what I'd love to see in Uplink would be a mass-email deleter. Like, it deletes ALL your emails, except the "mission" emails.
Ghost Stalker
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Stalker » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:09 pm

you mean that it would delete those letter icon mails, but not the paper icon "mails"?
Yep.
sirvoks
level3
level3

Postby sirvoks » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 pm

Yes. :)
Ghost Stalker
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Stalker » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:17 pm

yeah, that'd be cool
Yep.