most... annoying... bug... ever....

For problems with the game

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

nickpy
level0

most... annoying... bug... ever....

Postby nickpy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:20 am

i have come across several missions, that regardless of how well i suceed in them - they refuse to let me take my cash!

One mission, the copy customer database one, i have copied across all files involved, decrypted them all, and put them on the specified server.

and the employer says "None of the files can be found on the server we specified" - if i delete ONE of the files from their server, they say "you havn't gathered enough of the data for us to pay you".

Also, The distruction of the IV Central Mainframe - STATUS: DESTROYED.
MONETARY STATUS OF EMPLOYER: "we have not yet heard of the status of the server" - despite the fact i can SEE in the Uplink News, that it has been destroyed.
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:58 am

Which version of Uplink are you using? (I would recommend that you use at least version 1.31 or the latest test version (currently 1.37))

In which version of Uplink your agent was created?

Which company issued the mission(s) that won't complete?
chrisgbk
level1
level1

Re: most... annoying... bug... ever....

Postby chrisgbk » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:08 am

nickpy wrote:One mission, the copy customer database one, i have copied across all files involved, decrypted them all, and put them on the specified server.

and the employer says "None of the files can be found on the server we specified" - if i delete ONE of the files from their server, they say "you havn't gathered enough of the data for us to pay you".

I actually had that happen once as well; I noticed that it occured if I decrypted the files on my own computer before uploading, but if I uploaded the encrypted files and THEN decrypted them remotely, it worked fine. If you still have the mission, try deleting all the files, both from the fileserver and your own memory banks, then download a fresh copy of the encrypted files, upload them, and decrypt them on the remote file server.
nickpy
level0

Postby nickpy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:42 pm

chrisgbk wrote:I actually had that happen once as well; I noticed that it occured if I decrypted the files on my own computer before uploading, but if I uploaded the encrypted files and THEN decrypted them remotely, it worked fine. If you still have the mission, try deleting all the files, both from the fileserver and your own memory banks, then download a fresh copy of the encrypted files, upload them, and decrypt them on the remote file server.

I tryed that, and it still wouldn't let me win.
its to late for that mission though, as i've already abandoned it.
:(

frenchfrog wrote:Which version of Uplink are you using? (I would recommend that you use at least version 1.31 or the latest test version (currently 1.37))

In which version of Uplink your agent was created?

Which company issued the mission(s) that won't complete?

I am using v1.31, the user was created in 1.31
OCP issued the copy database mission and it was targeted at IV internal services machine.

Enzyme Computers and Media Labs both want me to Destroy Level-Seven Central mainframe.
when i reply to either of them they say "we have not gotten word...." despite the fact in uplink new i can SEE the news article.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:49 pm

nickpy wrote:I am using v1.31, the user was created in 1.31
OCP issued the copy database mission and it was targeted at IV internal services machine.

Like frenchfrog said. Update to v1.37 and create a new user. Yes you have to start again but the newer version is a lot more stable (although still no way near perfect).
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:44 pm

nickpy if you still have the buggy agent (*.usr) I guess you could send it to me at *** as username and *** as server.

With intructions on how to trigger the bug.

Return to “Bug Reports”