Trying to buy Uplink - get an error in the credit card form

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

waltergr
level0

Trying to buy Uplink - get an error in the credit card form

Postby waltergr » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:37 am

I'm trying to by Uplink via the Introversion Store. Last weekend it said something like "Product not available."

Now I can add Uplink to my cart, "check out", and get to the credit card input form. I enter all the information and click ok/submit/whatever, and a dialog pops up which says:

Errors have occurred during the process of your form.
Please make the following corrections:
* Please select a payment method for your order

If I turn off JavaScript, it takes me back to the credit card input form and says

Please select a payment method for your order.

I've tried this in Firefox 1.5 and IE 6. No luck.

Known issue? ETA for a fix?
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:46 am

Are you running behind a firewall like ZoneAlarm? You may need to make the site(s) trusted with your firewall so JavaScript will work properly.
waltergr
level0

Postby waltergr » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:51 am

Are you running behind a firewall like ZoneAlarm? You may need to make the site(s) trusted with your firewall so JavaScript will work properly.

I'm not running behind a firewall like ZoneAlarm. I get the error even when JavaScript is turned off.

This is an error with the site. The JavaScript (and apparently the server-side code) is checking the wrong variable in the checkout_payment form.

The JavaScript looks at document.checkout_payment.payment, which is a a completely broken radio button. (No values, no closing tag, etc.) It should be looking at document.checkout_payment.cc_type, which is the credit card type selection box.
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:40 am

Check the site again and see if there's a way to contact Introversion from there. Let them know about the problem with the site. Or they might see this thread and start working on the problem, especially if other are having similar problems.

The only reason I can think of for the JavaScript to not work, other than server-side errors, is that it may be getting blocked by a firewall or antivirus, or your browser may not be giving Introversion's sites enough trust to allow java to run properly.

If your computer is connected to the net via a router (ethernet or wifi), the router's built-in firewall may be the problem, although I haven't had such a problem with mine. Antivirus programs may also block java to stop certain attacks, so check that as well. Finally, check that your browser (IE) has Introversion's sites listed as "trusted" (you can tell by a green circle with a white checkmark on the bottom-right of the browser window). If not, you will need to add it to the trusted sites list.

Hopefully one of these may work so you can get Uplink. I'm thinking of buying the DevCD myself.
ruhoward
level2
level2

Postby ruhoward » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:08 am

waltergr wrote:

This is an error with the site. The JavaScript (and apparently the server-side code) is checking the wrong variable in the checkout_payment form.

yes they did this on purpose. :D

Return to “General”